Red connectivity icon

For 2 games now I’ve been getting a flashing red icon in game and I keep getting disconnected after a few seconds because of it. I checked the support article about these connection icons and I didn’t really understand the meaning of that specific icon. I really don’t want to receive a penalty over something I kind of have no control over.

2 Likes

Hello Extravanzaly!

If you mean this example as provided by another player https://i.imgur.com/Xs20j4N.jpg , then this denotes a connection issue, often packet loss. In this player’s case the issue was related to a connection issue in their local area. Sadly issues of this nature are increasing as the load on various networks around the world rise as a result of many people working from home.

If you’re using wifi, switch to ethernet, and following this guide : Overwatch 2 - Latency Problems - Blizzard Support

I’m having this problem too. If Blizzard is aware it is a problem, can the penalty please be removed? I cannot help the server issues when my internet is running as it’s supposed to.

1 Like

2 of today’s 7 matches have disconnected, netting me a -75% XP penalty for 9 matches. Other network connectivity unaffected, latency and game connection otherwise fine apart from the spontaneous game server disconnections. I’ve never received any other penalties before.
This is really poor form; guess I won’t be able to play anymore until this COVID-19 stuff is over for fear of more penalties… I get to play so rarely now as is, without all this crap :frowning:

Hi,

I was wondering if anything has come of this, since I’ve experienced these issues a lot, but only with Overwatch. I cannot report any delays while playing, but this symbol will pop up randomly and disconnect me, sometime logging me back in instantly. This also happens, if I switch internet connections, e.g. I am playing via WiFi and then I plug in my ethernet cable and deactivate WiFi after I conform having internet via the ethernet connection. I was wondering, if both issues could be related.

Best regards and a happy new year!