Remove sniper characters from low ranks

Why not remove characters that low ranked players clearly can’t handle, and lock snipers for certain ranks. That way, dps would have to play something that would actually bring some value to the fights.´

Like:
0-1500 : No snipers available
1600+: Ashe is unlocked
1800+: Hanzo is unlocked
2000+: Widow is unlocked

There could be tanks and support characters locked to certain ranks too. That way, there would be a reward to gain a higher rank. Perhaps it would make players take ranked games more seriously, to unlock characters. Instead of constantly replying with “stfu”, “chill, it’s just a game” or “I don’t care”.

Changing the game based on what rank you are in is a really silly idea.

The whole concept is it doesn’t matter if you’re bronze, plat, gm, or pro… you are all playing the same game.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t be a good idea because some people main those heroes even in the low ranks, It’s like asking to remove junkrat from low ranks because hes too easy to play.

1 Like

Well i’m quite sure that low ranked players don’t have great mechanical aim.
Sure not everyone in a low rank is there because of the same reason, though i do notice a lack of it there… so i don’t see how it could be a major issue.

You can win ANY match with ANY combination of heroes as long as you use your brain.

2 Likes

Greetings @Jarhead , well I had seen good Widow at Bronze/Silver.Overwatch is game that everyone is welcome,even the best player Widow can have bad day,and no shame in that at all.So I will disagree with your post.I wish you all the best in the future.

easy fix without fixing the game itself.

Double tank shield > sniper comp.
What will they do ? snipe into shield? most of the time . snipers at low ranking can’t handle shields at all

That is exaclty why you see the bronze meta of Rein Orissa.

Dan, trust me, I’ve played tank with double shield and I have played healer, which is my main role where I’ve been at 3000 in rank.

It simply does not matter if you have 2 mindless, stuborn, grumpy, and offensive dps players that refuse to change and even bother about the Reaper, Junkrat, Pharah etc, that are flanking us, picking us off. You simply don’t win a game like that.

The sad part is that this happens a lot, and I’m sick to the bone of this. Why can’t people do what’s best for the team and the match when they play ranked?

They often admit that they are doing bad and that they ignore the flankers. Then I always ask; - Why do you play ranked and make it harder for others?
Common answer: “I don’t care”.

• Then go Quick play, that’s what it’s for!
    Common answer again: “FU”.

I can look at myself in the mirror and evaluate myself, I’m also the first one to admit if I do something wrong or if I mess something up.

But one thing I can tell you, these dps are the single reason why I struggle to win games. Full stop!

Anyone share this feeling and opinion?

Honestly. You sound like you need a break from the game.

Even in ranked, people don’t havw to play what you want them to play.

They might feel uncomfortable on certain heroes.

They might enjoy playing others.

Also, if they’ve got snipers popping off… that’s usually a tank or pathing issue. Not hero selection.