Rendering device bans

I don´t think it´s fair to get bans and penalties when it´s the game that crashes from your end, since the bans are intended for leavers.

It´s been a problem since release that you have failed to fix, and it´s a persistent problem even when players have gone through all your steps.

My pc is not playing roulette daily, saying it gets too hot is not correct. The problem comes and goes with every patch you make and im tired of being the one punished for it.

1 Like

Given how bad the servers seem to be these days i’m inclined to agree.

Don’t happen to me no more but I lost 250 Sr in one day thanks to game crash Ince. If there is anything that can be done about it would be gr8

Rendering device error is a problem with your gpu drivers… Not overwatch so they cant help it

I fixed the problem by uninstalling the drivers, instal the stock drivers (in my case feb 2018) tried all the available drivers but that was the only one who didnt give me that error.

When a new drivers is ready for install, i try it in qp or arcade, but only the driver from march this year and the stock driver works perfectly.

Turns out in my case nvidia finaly solved the problem with that latest driver for me (1060 card).

It was a lot of time looking for which driver works, but it’s worth trying

1 Like

The bans aren’t intended for leavers, the bans are intended to prevent people like you to ruin other people’s matches. That includes leavers, dc’rs, ragers and yes also rendering device lost bans. I’m glad people like you get banned so you don’t get a chance to ruin my matches over and over.

Stop playing on a potato pc and fix your sh$%!t

3 Likes

Entitled much? Wat the hell are u, a princess?

1 Like

Probably related to one of those famous Nigerian Princes that emails people randomly with business opportunities. Those guys can change lives!

save up get more stable hardware meme test everything… reinstall windows… after that if you still crash and it’s blizzard fault then i kinda agree.

but if your serious on competitive you probably want a gaming monitor anyway so presumably you should have the cash flow to sustain that hobby.

half the fun of gaming is screwing around with the hardware anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

why deprive yourself of half the fun?

No, the fun is in playing the games. If I could use a potato pc for most games and keep erry thing with awefull graphics I wpuld

a potato can be fine… for esport frame rate is more important but so is system stability.

Also a lot of low spec machines may look like crap at first but always check tha scalling is of… that can make stuff look blury as hell… especially if its intels built in graphics (whichs is basically as trash tier as it gets)

that said a high refresh rate monitor is still valuable… if your lucky you can actually find a good old CRT monitor to play on… those actually had game monitor spec frequency support though no adaptive sync tech… so you’ll have to be satisfied with v-sync

Stability may still be crap though… my old R9 390X card is very crashy… i only use thta for a secondary gaming rig at my parents place… i may upgrade that for a RX 590 or something at some point… or something… especially since i visit there often to do blacksmithing in their front yard :stuck_out_tongue:

Given a 2 minute timer to return and recieving a ban after that is bull.
Also, my hardware is pretty decent compared to the games release date. Not the best pc in the world but im running 16gb ram 1050 graphics, watercooling etc.

Given that rendering device kicks happen once a week ish and in some patches much more often than that, how can it be on my end? If it was because my pc couldnt handle the game i should get kicked waaay more often. Sometimes i can go for months without it occuring

The rendering device issue has been there for long and is in a lot of cases 100% an issue at blizzards end, with either Nvidia or other problems.

I have a 7820x,gtx 1080ti, ddr4 ram etc. Aka a beastly specced PC, all running the game on low etc, yet this persisted to happen for a long while, until one day, where a patch came in and it was suddenly fixed. The amount of times this happens each patch and the amount of different tips there are to fix it, should tell you all about, who is at fault. I have never experienced a GPU has been lost in any other game and trust, not many errors has a list 300 pages + long of all kinds of different “Fixes”, both community and developer made, while it seems that the community ones have done more than the developers tips.

2 Likes
  1. repost this in tech support
  2. when you do that, give some specs
1 Like

Hmmm i game on either a
Ryzen 2700X with 1080ti 16Gb 3200Mhz Ram (primary gaming rig )
at 1440p at 144hz (Gsync)

Or a Ryzen 1700 with a R9 390X 16Gb 2400Hz Ram (secondary gaming rig at my parents place)
at 108Op at 144hz

Or on a AMD FX-6300 with a RX 590 8Gb 1600Hz Ram at 4k 60hz (my tv)

Or in rare occasions a
Ryzen 3 1400 with 8gb 2400hz and a RX 460 which i built into a suit case X3
it’s basically a first draft with cheap hardware to get the suit case part working and setup… i can upgrade things later :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s basically a lan party rig

At some point i kinda wanna save up and build a thread ripper build though i cant justify it…

possibly with a customer scratch built computer case with various hand forged details… (i like building things)

Here’s what you should do :

1. repost this in the technical support section, so that bliz support people can see it.
  2. if you can, post a dxdiag or msinfo of your system.

I had the same problem… I did everything and nothing helped… Finally i found that it can be the blizz app that does this. So you need to change the settings from the app that it shuts down when you start overwatch. Has not happened since…

Lol tried to play with my rig at my parents with the R9 390x kept crashing… gonna have to move my RX 590 i think… the TV can do with the R9 390x
it does seam stable in other games though… and i’ve seen old threads about that AMD card before… intresting…

Oh well glad i have options to more hardware around

Yeah, I got banned because my game crashed due to connection issues, even though my computer is connected with ethernet and my connection was stable,
they should definitely have a more open-minded approach to bans and they should also make it so you can get unbanned.

Blizzard can’t know why the connection to server was interrupted, major part of the network is way beyond their scope, doesn’t have to be their servers fault. Relieving punishments for lost connections would be an utterly stupid idea, which is dead sure gonna be abused to hell by intentional leavers and griefers.