Rendering device has been lost

I’ve tried all the troubleshooting from the various other posts. I only receive the error when playing overwatch. I’m at a 75% exp penalty now because of the issue. The issue always occurs midgame at some point - whether its 30 minutes in or a couple hours (if I’m lucky). I’m on Intel i7 9700k and MSI GeForce 2070 so everything is turned up/on and ive tried various tweaks on the graphics settings with no luck. Neither my cpu or gpu is running hot. I run a second monitor at 60hz1600x900 - thats just a windows BG and maybe spotify (main monitor is at 2560x1440 and 144hz). Any help with this matter would be appreciated as I really just can’t even play at this point for fear of constant punishment.

Same here bro :(, since i bought a new graphics card OV has been complete s**t, every other game still works fine after 1080 -> 2080 upgrade. Not Overwatch. Season banned due to render device lost <3, And we paid money for this. lol…

This issue is usually a gpu driver issue, try out older drivers or a complete clean reinstall.

Hello everyone,

I’ve cleared the thread of messages that were just personal discussions. Please, keep in mind this is the technical support forum. It was created to try and help players with technical issues; this kind of discussion doesn’t help the creator of the thread, actually it makes it harder for anyone that wants to help.

LosDoyerz, you don’t mention which steps you’ve tried, so I’ll leave a bunch of information below. Just go through it and try any step you haven’t tried yet, please.

I always recommend starting here, as I said on my first message in this thread:

It contains most of the solutions for this kind of error. Please, take a look and follow all the instructions that apply.

I’d also recommend checking the solution NightBlade suggested:

I’ve also seen cases where overlays where causing this error. If you have any program that has overlays (Discord is probably the most common), make sure you deactivate them. I’d also try closing background applications to make sure there’s no other program interfering with the game:
battle.net/support/article/23848

If the issue persists, please create your DxDiag and MSInfo files:
battle.net/support/article/12988

You can paste the content of each file on a web like Pastebin and provide us with the links. If it doesn’t let you publish your message because of the links, try to paste them using the preformatted text option (</> button).

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

Getting back to you late on this with msinfo and dxdiag links.

I ultimately RMA’d the previous 2070 because I started having other issues outside OW when I tried to roll back the driver. I now have a new different brand 2070 and have no issues in any other games or with any other software - only this same rendering device has been lost in OW problem. Attached are msinfo and pastebin. Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon and taken a little more seriously by Blizz because it’s pretty clear at this point based on mine and others’ experiences that the issue is not with our hardware. Thanks anyway and hope to hear of some updates soon.

msinfo: https://pastebin.com/5DYRkPc6
dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/F9zhBwjp

LosDoyerz,

Did they ever get back to you outside of this thread? Still searching for a solution to this problem.

No. I stopped playing this and all other Blizzard games.

I work for a company that has an App based platform and it surely has plenty of bugs that we are backlogged on - but none of them as serious and platform breaking as this one and ignored for so long. I get it - engineering is hard, debugging takes time and resources get stretched thin. For this to still be going on for as long as it has and for Blizzard to have shirked it off as other peoples’ problem or their hardware is borderline criminal. At this point, a class action lawsuit should be started against Blizzard for the number of people (including myself) who wasted time and money RMA’ing cards and paying for shipping. Shameless company.