Rendering device has been lost!

Rendering Device has been lost!!!
I have been working on fixing this bug for a long time and I am now simply frustrated and disappointed. Overwatch was one of my favourite games and i played it for a really long time without any problems. But since I bought an rtx 2070 the game is crashing every 2-5 minutes and I get the message: Your rendering device has been lost.
What should I do I have already tried every possible fix? This error has been known for a long time and it’s a shame that it is ignored, there are a few answers from customer support to this problem, but they are all very evasive and suggest standard solutions. Which by the way all do not work!!!
Meanwhile I am just disappointed! This is another clear example how important the community is to Blizzard.

I have the same issue too. And i have tried everything but still can’t fix this issue. I’m thinking about reinstall my Window but not sure the issue will be fixxed :(((

1 Like

Hey, I know you said you have tried everything but can you both double check the steps in the support article for this and try them once more for me - Rendering Device Lost - Blizzard Support

Also I know the following have also resolve this issue for some players.

Reduce the Render scaling

1. In game open Options
  2. On the video tab click Advanced
    (Not Advanced Performance Stats)
  3. Lower Render Scale to 100%

Turn on Windows SuperFetch service ( If on Windows 10 build 17763 or later, this was renamed to SysMain )​

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type services.msc into the Run window.
  3. Click OK .
  4. In the Name column, locate and right-click Superfetch .
  5. Select Properties .
  6. Under the Startup Type dropdown menu, select Automatic .
  7. If Service Status does not show Running click the Start button
  8. Click OK .
    Note: You need to restart your computer to apply these changes.

Disable fullscreen optimization for Overwatch

1. Navigate to overwatch.exe
  2. Right click and select Properties and Compatibility
  3. Check “Disable fullscreen optimization”

Razer Chroma

No it weill not fix the issue. I have reinstalled windows but I still have the same problem.

i’ve been having the save issue. i completely uninstalled my razer synapse and its still not working, im not sure what to do anymore …

i rolled back my nvidia gpu update and overwatch is working fine now. i guess its a temp fix if u guys want to do it. this will show u how to rollback.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/driver-rollback/

i have the same problem i cant even lunch the game the only way to play it is to play on windowed screen :confused: