Rendering Device Lost

This rendering error occurred while playing comp and is lasting forever. It first didn’t let me join the game and now it wouldn’t even allow me to enter the home screen. I tried resetting the BIOS and the whole laptop, uninstalling the graphic drivers, updating the graphic drivers, and turning other applications off, lowering the in-game display setting, etc. Overheating is not an issue considering the temperature. I don’t think there’s anything else I can do further than these. Now I’m just wondering if this bug would disappear after some time. Will I be able to play OW2 with my device ever again? I use RTX4060 and AMD Ryzen 7000.

Here’s a link to my DxDiag:
DxDiag - Pastebin.com

Just looking through that list of what you’ve done, have you tried completely uninstalling the game, and reinstalling it. (apologies if you have).

Yes, several times. This bug is insanely stressful. I use laptop to play the games, do you think this could be the reason behind? Even if the temperature is controlled well enough.

Rendering Device Lost tend to be TDR errors (Timeout Detection and Recovery). In your case these will be the LiveKernelEvents with Code 141 in the Windows Error Reports. A good first step for these is to uninstall the current driver with a program called Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Before removing the driver, download the current driver again. Follow the instructions of DDU to remove the driver, reboot your Laptop and then install the newly downloaded driver.

Please also make sure, that your dedicated GPU is being used and not the iGPU of your CPU.

I tried but still did not work. Is there any other setting, after new drive installation, I should follow?

I tried but still did not work. Is there any other setting, after new drive installation, I should follow?

hey, I was having the same problem here on my PC, I tried everything I could to fix it, even changing the GPU memory frequency, but nothing solved it. The last attempt was to completely format my computer, and not install any video drivers, I let Windows itself do that and I’ve played more than 20 hours of Overwatch since then without any problems. The problem now is that I want to update the drivers but I don’t know if by doing so the game will still work correctly, but for now I haven’t updated!