Rendering Device Lost

Hey Guys,
So I’ve had this issue repetitively occur on multiple computers running Nvidia GPU’s and any solutions I have found online so far have been to no avail. The Game Freezes and a box comes up saying “Rendering Device Lost” and that’s it the game closes. This has resulted in lost SR, Leaving game penalties etc. and generally a lack of enjoyment in terms of the game, constantly being on edge about not if but when it’s going to crash kick me out and ruin my game.
To be fair it doesn’t happen every game but over time it has happened more and more frequently so either every game or every three games so I never know if I’ll get a full game. My intial time with this issue was with an older PC running an i7 3770 and a GTX 1060 and it would happen not so often but enough to lose any progress made in one night of competitive. Now it occurs with my System that has an i7 7700 and a GTX 1080. I’ve tried rolling back drivers, updating drivers, reinstalling the game, reinstalling the drivers from scratch, updating and rolling back windows, overclocking and underclocking the GPU (since someone suggested that), changing in game settings/resolution, changing Nvidia control panel settings and some others that I’ve forgotten since I’ve had the issue for so long now. It happens both in base game and PTR which are installed on different drives. I figure obviously it’s something to do with how overwatch interacts with my GPU but it is the only game I have any issues with. Any advice/help is appreciated I truly love Overwatch but there is only so Much my patience can take and over a year of this tests even my patience.
Thanks,

• Biscuit
2 Likes

I have the same issue it starts happening like 2 weeks ago before (1.5 year) it worked without problem on same machine.

Also I’ve tried the fixes Blizzard posted but nothing changed. And I lost like 200+ sr because of this, and of course a my teammates suffer consequences of this as well (lost matches) .

I have updated drivers, enable superfetch, scan and repair system files and I don’t have overclocked GPU (NVIDIA GTX 960M) . Nothing worked.

Heya,

Thank you for listing the steps you have all gone through so far. Please go through the additional steps listed in the Rendering Device Lost Support Article and test again afterwards with some quick matches.

If that still does not help out, we’ll need your System Files to look into this further. Please go through the steps listed here, and create both the MSInfo and DxDiag files. Post them on a page like Pastebin.com or through OneDrive, and post the links here so we can have a look.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Having the same problem with a new Windows 10 Pro install and Nvidia 1080 Ti FTW3.

Apparently we can’t post links in our posts, so not sure how to provide you with the files you request.

So I cannot link the requested files since this forum does not allow the sharing of links like those used on one drive etc.