Rigged matchmaking

So if the system believe you should be losing SR, matchmaking will team you up with 99% chance to lose.
While claiming it’s 50-50, it’s clearly not true.
I had a game, where I had x3 team mates all below level 50 while enemy had all over level 100. Since our low level players were not smurf accounts, as you can imagine, they had no clue of what they were doing and lost of course.
Games like this happen, so what I did was added them to my avoid list, and moved to the next game.

However, next game what a surprise!
Instead of x3 low level players, I had x4 players below level 50 in my team, vs enemy all above level 100. And of course none of the low level players were smurf.
As you could guess another steamroll game losing.

So, if level does not matter according to matchmaking, how come the low level players end up together within 12 players?

It’s randomly impossible on a regular basis to get all 3-4 beginner account into 1 team, hence the reason I claim matchmaking is rigged, to enforce the outcome of the game as much as possible, so the game before start is not 50-50% or 60-40% but in reality 90-10% chance to win.
And depending on your MMR decided if you will end up in the losing or winning team.

The reason for long lose streak is you MMR will be getting worse on a lose streak as you can’t have good damage, kill, objective time etc in steamroll games, so end up being forced into the losing team for a longer period.

What smurfs do, is play together, throing the game by making sure of not capturing, while maintaining their MMR slaughtering the enemy players making it extremely easy to do bronze to TOP500 climb, while silver and gold level players are brutally affected.
My SR swings like a yoyo by like 500SR, which is a lot as I can have 10-20 lose streak, but the same win streak as well.
In reality nobody is performing either very good consistantly or very bad consistantly all of a sudden.

I believe if matchmaking would be randomly assign players out of the x12 players into teams, the game would be much more balanced than it is now.

What I mean by balanced is intense games instead of steamroll one way or another in 95% of the games.

4 Likes

There are a lot of conspiracy theories about match making.

And they are just that, theories.

The system isn’t conspiring against you. True, it can’t tell if people manipulate the system so deranked players appear from time to time.

But the game is not deciding if you should win or lose. It cannot predict if you are going to pop off, or if your team is going to just not click and fall apart.

It just puts 12 people in a game that it thinks aee similar ish. And goes with it.

1 Like

Also, remember it is end of season (and the weekend). People tend to stop caring at the end of the season and things become a little… odd…

let me try to help you with this, dont do your best when you play in comp or qp, just help your mates get the golds and kills and reach the goals while you watching them and take care of your team, doing too good in low ranks will get you bad players in your team for sure vs smurfs, now im pretty sure you saw alot of gm’s in youtube or in twitch and telling yourself im better than these and yes i can agree with that alot of gm’s arent that good but luckily they have that amount of being a " little good - above the average thing " and consistently getting good teammates and win matches, perhaps overwatch is just a commercial game and all gm’s players are paid actors??? i dont know…

Wow. This is proper crackpot conspiracy theory time.

Hilarious.

The match maker isn’t that complex. And certainly doesn’t think for itself and gives you a “harder” game.

Some peoples “theories” are hilarious to read though.

yeah and i want to add one more thing… there are alot of " blizzard bots " in this forum defending blizzard crappy system like its their lives on the line, just ignore them

1 Like

Hahah. I am not defending it.

I am just laughing at peoples mad theories.

People always looking for reasons for their “issues” forgetting they are the only one that is in all of their games.

Not a theory it’s fully rigged and 100% reproduce-able behavior of mm. After a while you’d be able to spot an arranged win or lose with extreme accuracy. The worst part about it there is no sense of achievement after a victory. It’s more often than not other’s team arranged lose.

2 Likes