Roadhog hook bug

Hello players , I’ve been playing RoadHog over 100 hours , when someone infront of me and I hook him , when the hook grabs him correctly , it cancels by itself , looks like I missed but I didn’t miss the target , the enemy wasn’t event behind an object that could block my hook , its right infront of me , I thought it was my ping or something like that , but it appears that also some players even with low pings have the same issue , and this issue came up with the last patch ( with the year of the rat event ) , it happens alot to me , not once or twice , my ping is stable and I don’t have any connection problems , can you please check this bug ? it might be something to be honest …

Thanks.

1 Like

Happened to me too recently.

The game might be confusing a player deployable (turret, sentry, dynamite, etc.) with something that should block LoS. This can happen with steps, too. There was (is?) a bug with Earthshatter and Rally where someone standing one or two steps higher (or lower) than the Ultimate-ing heroe does not benefit because of where the line-of-sight mechanics come from (usually the Heroes feet, for some reason!)

I guess they’ll try and fix/change line- of-sight mechanics for OW2, hopefully.

Hooks broken again but not in the fun way like it was before “fixes”

Now it suddenly just doesn´t grab enemies or just bounces off even though they get snatched.

1 Like