Russians are hard to play with

There are more differences (racially) between a Russian from Moscow in comparison with a Russian fron Vladivostok, than between the first with a Yugoslav or Ukranian.

Nationality means nothing. According to the U.K. passport, a Scot, an English and a N. Irish are called Brittish. Racially tho, the first is a Celt, the second Anglosaxon and the third Irish (Celt again). Nationality has nothing to do with race.

Racism - as a spam term - is imported from US, where race is a thing. Half of central Europe shares common past from the Germanic Tribes. It’s inherently stupid to call a german who doesn’t like Dutch or Austrians as racist, because they share so many things that it makes him to don’t like himself. lol

Racism has little to do with genetics… its because racists are obsessed with what they view as “races” and that seldom has anything to do with any scientific views on the terminology.

But it is a good general term to describe anyone who discriminates based on ancestry or ethnicity…

There may be good reason to suspect some of this biggotry is partly an evolved instinct that benefits our genes not us… i.e to us our family trees look like a tree…

to our genes it looks like a series of elimination rounds in a tournament… and if a gene cannot find its chromosomal counter part it risk fading away into obscurity as junk dna… i.e genetic out breeding… (the polar opposite to in breeding in which some junk dna may pair up some really unpleasant gene pairs leading to horrible disfigurement birth defect and death etc… or just to many toes)

So keeping generally isolated but not to un-diverse a gene pools is the optimum for our genes… not us… and has likely driven some behavior including some very harmful impulses we have… like honor killings and stuff like that.

I think a lot of moral improvement can be had just from understanding all impulses that drive us and their causes and consequences so we can better constrain those that work against us while giving in to those that align with our goals.

In general evolution is kinda stupid… it only settles on what ever is good enught… never what is really accurate… that is why we do a lot of the stupid things we do… and why we have a lot of really dumb biases…

it was good enough in a evolutionary time span… but in modern time it’s may work against us…

1 Like