Season 11. The worst season in my opinion. Do you agree?

Smurfs, trolls, abusive chat and racism pretty much sum up season 11. At its core is the worst matchmaking in Overwatch history. In my games I have never seen such one sided games either for or against me. Blizzard need to make changes! what they have done is not enough!

I feel adding additional preventatives ie. groups, endorsements will not help, but instead work on improving what is already there - starting with the woeful matchmaking. Do you agree?

1 Like

I’ve not seen any of that on Xbox. Getting steamrolled by the opposition and having leavers sucks, but somehow not as bad when it’s the other way around… Bring on season 12!

Build your own team. A human can do a much better job than an automated system that uses some oversimplified stats and this is unlikely to change much.

in short no…

how many seasons have you played?

1 Like

i do not agree.There is good combo variety compared to previous seasons,im hard stuck cause im old (lol) but overall it was my best season yet,reached career high 40 points more than previous,which is good in my old eyes.

1 Like

Every season will be worse and worse, thats a fact. Players will leave, more smurfs will appear until there are more smurfs than real players.

i agree. every 10 matches at least 4 had leavers on my team, another ones leavers on th eother team, smurfs everywhere, sometimes aimbots ( we report them all but we still loose our points) so yea. Season 11 has been QP.

current season is heading the same way…

placement matches are the worst (even worse then last season)

So far I won 5 placement matches and 1 draw. But I’ve used LFG for careful recruitment instead of random and/or solo Q. I didn’t let Blizzard’s automatic matchmaking system to choose my team mates. In silver and bronze land (or I could say below 2500SR) it’s essential to play with people who have some experience (I ask for level 100+) and capable of playing a few (2-3) different heros of their class decently and know when to use which. At the same time LFG allows me playing DPS all the time without sacrificing team composition.

Note: some say that placement matches don’t matter much but I don’t know how much truth lies in this statement because I played only in the previous 2 seasons and played all of those placement matches in solo Q without caring much about rank. I’m still not very serious about that silly number but I like challenges and success.

I can only solo que as all my friends now play Fortnite. But solo q is aweful! im being put with way over level 100 players and they still dont even know were to stand!!! Matchmaking needs a serious rethink its wowful!!!

1 Like

Then you probably don’t know what LFG (Looking For Grup) is. It’s the recently added “Play / Find Group” button. There you can build teams or join existing ones and you can communicate with them or play QP before engaging in competitive. Another very easy technique that was available even before LFG is simply playing QP with people and grouping up with other good players at the end of the match. If you find each other compatible after several matches then you can add each other to your friend lists.

Playing only with your real world friends might not help much especially if they aren’t good or don’t improve with you. Socially it could be a better experience though. Even if you played with them, if you improved while they didn’t, then you’d have to find new “friends” after a certain point in order to be able to improve and climb. There are quite a few gamers who play at high ranks with other good players/strangers on their main account but at the same time they have a low rank smurf account too to play with their unskilled friends. I also have a few regular friends on my playlist with whom I play only when there is an event and they are hunting for difficult achievements. Not everyone wants to climb or play difficult/challenging competitive PvP matches. If you solo Q for PvP then you’ll always be at a disadvantage against well built teams consisting of compatible players. No matter how much they improve their matchmaking system, it’ll never be better than a human at building teams of compatible players.

pump the breaks you are lvl 127, you might see that your team isnt standing in the right place. i grantee you also are not standing in the right place.

i’ve played since season 2 and I didnt find season XI worse than other seasons. Imo some of the earlier seasons were a lot worse. sure there are a lot of dumb people out there but that is the same for every season

I mean since the start of comp people have said that the season that just went by was the worst season.

Even season 1 was called great and shlt at the same time because it introduced comp to an otherwise great game.

Season 12 is worse.
I can’t get a single team that is willing to work together.

I agree the matchmaking is just awful.

Matchmaking is OK, and people are usually nice for me.

But too many smurfs. Sometimes it feels like there are more smurfs than genuine accounts, especially in high ranks.

How blizzard could fix the game: ban more trolls, smurfs, one tricks. Remove private profiles and fix gamebreaking glitches immediately.

i do not agree.There is good combo variety compared to previous seasons,im hard stuck cause im old (lol) but overall it was my best season yet,reached career high 40 points more than previous,which is good in my old eyes.