Sensitivity changes randomly, help

Hi!

I have an issue with the mouse sensitivity/lag changing when I join voice chat (in general as well, but a lot worse in voice), and if I speak it gets worse than if I don´t, it´s like moving the cursor through a liquid with the thickness changing. I have done blind tests to make sure it´s not a nocebo effect, it is not.
This has completely ruined my experience, and I can no longer play competitively.

To try and fix the problem I´ve replaced all hardware and bought a new monitor (and can maintain 300 fps), but to no avail.

Things I´ve tried already:
Tell the app to close as Overwatch launches.
Removed discord applet folder from the Logitech gaming software (made a difference).
Disabled mouse pointer precision enhancement both in windows and in Logitech gaming software.
Tried all different polling rates.
Disabled full screen optimizations in OW-folders.
Disabled computer to turn off USB, mouse etcetera to save power.
Tried different USB-slots.
Updated like every driver I can find for all parts.
Turned off windows game mode (tried with it on as well).
Disabled all background apps in windows (did a difference)
Disabled everything on start-up.
Turned off WIFI on my phone, weirdly this makes a difference!
turned off cellular data on my phone, weirdly, this also makes a difference.
Reset and restarted my router.
If I turn off my mic on my headphones, it gets more responsive.
Disabling Nvidia audio drivers and other audio drivers made it a lot better, but the issue is still there.
Set power settings to maximum performance.
Disabled the Xbox game bar and automatic background recording (made a difference).
Updated bios and reinstalled windows 10.

I have also noticed that when I click “apply” in video settings (without even changing anything) or just change any settings, the mouse gets more accurate. It resets every game, so you have to do it every time if you want the effect. I have blind tested this, so I know it´s real. Why is this?

OW in-game settings: everything on low with 75% render scale, but I´ve tried like every setting. V-sync and triple buffering off, and reduce buffering on.

Please help me, I have googled for days, but I can´t find a solution.
If this is not the right place to post, please redirect me to the right spot. I have tried submitting a ticket, but the submit-button is greyed out.

My specs:
CPU: i5 10600K
GPU: RTX 2060
Ram: 32gb 3200 mhz
PSU: 650W
Motherboard: Asus z490-p
Monitor: omen x25f
mouse: Logitech g502
headphones: Logitech G35

Does the value change in the menu, or just you feel the difference?
If the second, how did you test that?

Hi Vulpes,

The value does not change, just the feel. I tested it by having friends doing blind tests on me where they changed things that I feel affect this, like muting/unmuting mic, exiting/joining voice chat, enabling/disabling audio drivers. The difference is so noticeable I didn´t really have to do these blind tests, I mostly did them so people would believe me.

Can you do a test with rivatuner during play if there are fps drops, low gpu usage etc? Another player has mouse issue of this kind but he posted a video and seems more a laggy stuff.

Fps seem somewhat stable, and I´m not sure that´s the issue, since I can have the same fps and experience different sensitivities. GPU and CPU usage seem to hover between 20-40%.

If you have these values with uncapped fps, you have the issue. With uncapped fps gpu should run way more 90%+.

It seems like connectivity issues to the Blizzard servers can cause these kinda issues:

I have different specs but issue is pretty much same, only for me the sensitivity changes on fly all of sudden for few seconds, becomes slow. Doesn’t matter if I play alone or with a friend. Only thing I notice that we have exactly same mouse. This started yesterday for first time, before that no problems.

Hmm ok. Those values were with fps capped at 300. If I set it to 400, I get slightly more usage, but not 90%. I can get the GPU to run at like 80% or higher if I increase video settings, but then I get lower fps and the mouse feel more sluggish.

deleted: I don’t want offer further assistance to help this “company”

Hi Saiyan,

Hmm okay. I do not experience any difference being in qp/comp compared to skirmish/4v4/deathmatch. Not a big one anyways, if any, the issue is still there.
If this is the issue anyways, how would I resolve it?

@Vulpes Is everything ok man ?

Hi Cormac,

For me, being in a group makes the sensitivity more sluggish. Do you think it could be the mouse? If so, why does voice chat (and other things) affect this?

Did you ever figure this out - this is plaguing me as well. I used to never have an issue, and am lately running into this constantly. I really was wondering if my aim was getting worse, then suddenly I would be aiming well - then I realized its the same problem you describe. The only thing that seems to “fix” it, is to go into the settings and set the sensitivity. but this isn’t permanent. I’ve tried a lot of the same steps, no go. I am convinced this is an OW problem as its the only game that does this. I get this incidentally on both a Logitech G403 and a Razer DeathAdder Pro v2… it’s maddening.

I have the same issue found any fix yet besides just constantly resetting sens ingame?

i have a simular problem, my sensitivity changes in the menu and it always changes to full numbers. i play on 7.81 sens and it keeps jumping to 8 whenever i close the menu

:arrow_lower_right:

what exactly do you mean by “leave the control options each time” i dont quite get that. english isnt my first language so i have trouble understanding the meaning behind it

1 Like

you set it up to your desired value, leave settings and it should save.

If you go back in, it will round it up again.

works sometimes - not permanent for me. (i adjusted the mouse dpi in my mouse app)

ok thanks will do, problem is i play on 7.81 and 800 dpi so i cant really adjust it properly