Server connection problem

Can´t enter the game.

6 Likes

Same here, everything else works but i keep getting the lost connection to the server error instantly

same here, losing connection to server after a long loading screet at the start

same. whole bunch of us waiting to get in but can’t

it works on other regions tho….so idk

1 Like

Just give all games to Valve so we can all play on Steam with no problems and no lags :slight_smile:

same here, I consistently got disconnected from overwatch while playing competitive game, then I got penality. I don’t think it’s fair.

Hello. Let everyone help as much as they can.I have a problem with the internet while playing disconnects me.Sometimes it puts me back in the game other times it doesn’t.People report me as if I went out on purpose, and the problem is the internet connection in the European region.

From Istanbul, my ping to EU servers used to be consistent 70-80ms, but since the past few months it differs from match to match and mostly excessively high.

I tried and double checked everything on my end but couldn’t find a problem so far, but i stumbled upon something in-game, whenever i make a custom lobby, select the server from lobby settings and start the game, ping will be excessively high, but restarting the match once on the same server IP will reduce the ping to what it should be. It sounded random at first, but i tried it multiple times at different times and in custom lobbies that were full and weren’t made by me in both France and Netherlands servers and was able to replicate same result consistently.

To be sure about this, i also tried a VPN, but with a VPN the ping stayed consistent across servers, matches and custom lobbies, then i tried the method on NA servers and again the ping stayed consistent across matches and custom lobbies.

I’m not exactly sure but guessing this might have to do with the ping differing from game to game, and since i can’t restart the matches i queue for, it’s a gamble of whether i’ll get a match with good or bad ping, and the difference excessive ping makes is highly noticeable and unpleasant.

My ISP is TurkTelekom

I have example pictures of the issue containing netgraphs along with pathpings i uploaded to imgur, and pastebin for MTR, but it won’t let me link them, i’ll try again in the comments to see if that works, but if it doesn’t i don’t what to do about it, i wanted to contact support at first, where i would be able to attach them, but couldn’t find a fitting category and it suggested me to make a post about it here.

1 Like

INB4 customer support links you to one of Blizzards “How to fix latency issues” articles then your post gets ignored completely.

I’m having similar issue since about over a month now. It’s so frustrating to have one match without any issue and being kicked out in the next due to horrible lag spike.

same issue here. My ping is different in every match. One match 50ms and the other is 150 ms. It seems OW will be unplayable to me… Also, i play on the same region(ME).

Can’t play the game anymore, constant disconnects killing all the fun.
I didn’t change anything on my side hardware wise, tried dns flush, my ip is dynamic but i still tried to renew it, reset my router, everything is updated.
But for the last 2 weeks game constantly rubberbanding and showing poor connection, not to mention disconnects every couple games.

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                         router.asus.com -    0 |  768 |  768 |    0 |    0 |    3 |    0 |
|              lo0.rt3.spb.citytelecom.ru -    0 |  768 |  768 |    0 |    1 |   33 |    0 |
|                            10.10.13.130 -    0 |  768 |  768 |    0 |    0 |   30 |    0 |
|                            10.10.13.166 -    0 |  768 |  768 |    7 |    7 |   36 |    8 |
|                      mskix.blizzard.com -    2 |  718 |  706 |   49 |   53 |  140 |   50 |
|              ae1-br01-eqfr5.as57976.net -    3 |  687 |  668 |   54 |   75 | 3886 |   56 |
|         et-0-0-2-br01-eqam1.as57976.net -    3 |  685 |  665 |   55 |   95 | 3519 |   62 |
|                           137.221.78.77 -    2 |  718 |  706 |   54 |   58 |  152 |   56 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  154 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  154 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider  ~~~~

Getting same issue here, since over a month now. I thought it was my internet connection but no, it’s just in Overwatch.

Every match is a gamble with ping issues. And it isn’t constant, like it will spike to sometimes over 1000ms and then get back to 50-60, and then again over 250-350 or 600ms, then back to 50-60.

Sometimes, I get kicked from the match and then re-join when the ping is stable. It’s making it so hard to play the game right now.

My WinMTR result, https://pastebin.com/Pm2XXk9L

I have the same issue for over a month now. Tried every possible method in “How to fix latency issues” Blizzard page, nothing helped. My ISP provider says it’s Blizzard server side fault. I can kinda agree with them as I have no issues with any other games or general internet availability.

I guess they messed up something when setting up ME servers. When running WinMTR I would always spot suspicious routing paths to Bahrain or even USA and then back to EU (Amsterdam) …

Hopefully Blizzard starts paying attention to this issue.

No disconnects for me today, played 5 hours straight, maybe they fixed the issue?
EDIT: Nevermind, disconnects are back

THE PROBLEM WAS ON THE INTERNET SETTINGS AND DRIVERS Sorry. :sweat_smile: