Silence my brother?

Logical fallacy: appeal to ignorance. Claiming that one argument is true because the contrary hasn’t been proven yet.

We know there is a possibility that your penalty can be lifted. However, there is no actual evidence because none brags about how their ban got lifted.

Just because no one showed how their ban got lifted, doesn’t mean that no bans get lifted at all.

I am not trying to prove anything, I am genuinely curious. The only times a suspension has been lifted that I know of is when a major stink is blown about the matter and Blizzard are forced to act.

That’s the key problem: we know that people get banned but we don’t know that people’s penalties get lifted. There is evidence for penalties but no evidence for lifted penalties.

All we can do is suspect. Blizzard representatives said that an appeal might be successful. However, most get rejected because they see the reports as valid, especially for chat abuse because people don’t realize how rude they actually are.

Only those with a clean mouth will have their clean record back.

judging by my appeals I have proof they never review the games

This won’t turn into another “reports justified or not” tread.

All the otp wanted to know is how the report system works.

All I want is fairness. I want them to come up and say bans and suspensions are handed out by an automated system, thats all. The “review complaints” is nothing but one huge lie.

They do…

Most rejected appeals contain 3 reported lines as an example for your behaviour. This proves that they are reviewing the reports. I don’t know when blizzard said that the report system works automatically but this has been known already.

Anyways there is evidence that the system works automatically and there is evidence that GMs are reviewing your reports. The only lacking evidence is that people’s appeals were approved.

No you didn’t. People are silenced after a lot of reports. Probably around 50+ which means that you’ve annoyed a lot of people

̶T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶s̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶.̶

Edit

Oh, that’s impossible. Only one report per player counts and no reports count when getting silenced. They also decay over time.

50?

I justg ot the game for like a week?
That doesn’t make any sense, I haven’t met that many people yet.

You’re just accusing without fact to back it up.

All I remember from my last match prior to the silence I was grouped up with a random russian 5 stack that went mad after I told them I’m not Russian and can’t understand them.

So I highly doubt it’s 50.

You’re level 57 and considering that it takes about an hour to get one level after level 25. You’ve played anywhere from 30-70 hours.

Knowing that you meet 11 people every game with a typical game lasting around 15 minutes. You can get banned in 2 hours of playing the game.

So yes you have met that many people and no I’m not accusing you without anything to back it up.

Your behaviour on the forums is venting at best and trolling at worst

1 Like

Not at all, gaining exp was rather quick, I guess winning matches with high stats provides more exp than you’re used too.

Post a picture of your complete time in the game. you can put the link between these ``so you can post the link.

Either way with this

You have proven my point

You need a lot of reports, over multiple matches, in a fairly short period of time to get sanctioned. Five reports, in a single match, is nowhere near enough. I can say with complete certainty that you get reported in atleast 25% of your matches, and in those matches you get two or more reports.

You’re doing something wrong, accept that and identify what. Then change it.

Winning a match earns you 650xp. Each gold medal gains you 150, so four golds is 600xp more. Playing consecutive matches add 300 more, so we’re up to 1550xp. Then you get 3.4xp per second, which will on average get you 2250xp (average time for a game). So winning and having the best stats in all categories give you 3800xp, while having the worst stats gives you 3200xp. There’s a maximum difference between you and anybody else of 600xp. This will not have a significant effect on the time it takes to gain a level.

Not really … we don’t know exactly how it works, but you get banned faster when more people in one game reports you(becuase their reasoning is … if more people report you for doing something in one match, then you prob did that - they have more weight).
That’s why players should always avoid playing with groups.

Mate, the best thing to do is to play in group with friends. If you can’t, then turn off text and voice chat and avoid bigger groups as much as possible - anything can get you reported … If you’re on QP always leave if the group in your team is bigger than or equal 3. In comp, well, not much you can do but accept your reports if it’s defeat, becuase Blizzard decided to go with strength in numbers …

I was reported by 11 people in one game (master widowmaker in quickplay because of reasons, reported for aimbotting) and wasn’t suspended. I was suspended a few games later, after 4-5 reports in each, but you will NEVER be punished because of reports in a single match.

It won’t, but you will get banned faster for multi-reports and consecutive game reports… lower number of reports needed than if you would get solo-reported every 4th game for instance.

lol typical, another person full of assumptions and accusations but 0 support of facts to back him self up demanding evidence over my word.

I actually provided proof that “high stats” has a negligible difference on how fast you level up. Not to mention that the claim he made was that you have faced more than 50 other players, and unless you somehow managed to get to your level in five or so matches, he’s right.