Smurfing in Overwatch 2

So exactly WHAT is Blizzard doing to combat smurfs? Absolutely nothing? I don’t see how it’s not disruptive behaviour when they can literally be 3-4 ranks above you on an Alt Account and Ruin your Games. How is this fair? It’s actually absurd.

1 Like

In OW1 they had to pay for a new copy of the game which meant Blizz had no incentive to remove them, as they generated extra revenue.

In OW2, they can just create an account on a whim, no cost, no messing about with SMS protect, unlimited smurfs until the sun explodes. So now we’ve got all the negative effects of smurfs with Blizz getting no guaranteed income from them, hopefully (hahahahahaha :rofl: :sob:) they’ll do something this time.

Except you’d need to get 50 wins first to smurf.

At which point your MMR will be fairly accurate, meaning you’ll end up in appropriate lobbies.

Unless you have an old account, or are willing to troll hundreds of QP games to get your MMR low, it really isn’t worth the effort.

So do I doubt the claim they were smurfing. Yeah.

It didn’t deter them when they had to reach level 25 to play competitive, it will make no difference now. Plus QP only has you attacking or defending on certain maps, rather than both, halving the match duration, compared to a competitive game.

Since when does QP affect your competitive ranking?

I was under the impression the hidden MMR system for QP only worked for QP games.

Most of them are probably just good players or someone ‘‘in the zone’’, I’ve seen far less smurfs in OW2, but on the odd occasion there will be one guy with ridiculous accuracy tearing apart our/their team basically on his own, getting 2-3 times the kills everyone else is getting.

Hidden MMR is hidden MMR and is used for both. Ranks are for the purposes of groups and stacks mostly. And a badge to pretend you are good at something.

there are so much ow1 players with double, triple ecc accounts… Myself that I’m an average player I have 2 accounts and I can smurf on bronze. So isn’t fair. So yes, smurfs accounts are a problem