So many people leaving matches on ranked (Xbox)

I know this is a whine post but I am getting really tired of people leaving matches on xbox one ranked. Yes there is a penalty system in place but because people have so many different smurf accounts they just don’t give a damn and its becoming a real problem.

My concern really is that this will carry on to overwatch 2, where people will just rage quit and you will really struggle to win the match. I think they need to cap the smurf accounts somehow so you get an ID or something that is tied to that xbox and your allowed only 1 per console or something I dunno.

I feel like why should I get a loss and lose points from people dropping out of matches if its not going their way. I understand the match is still winnable with 5 people but it makes it much harder and it then encourages others to drop out as well (which then often happens).

On PC its not as bad because there ain’t as many smurfs but on xbox live its absolutely rife with them.

1 Like

Something needs to be done about the smurfs

dont blame them to be fair, when i come up against a smurf i can’t be bothered to try, only i can’t leave because on PC they aren’t throwaway accounts

It should be like that on console as well… I played like 5 matches on competitive today and 4 out of the 5 matches one of our team mates left.

When you start hammering the opposition they realize and then someone on their team leaves and the match gets cancelled.

Its really frustrating… unless they fix this smurf problem the next game will be ruined by this and no-one will be able to get through a match without someone dropping… its a massive problem that hopefully they will address.