[Solved] What is a map of a match?

Hello,
I am trying to understand if there is an option to know what map players are playing on. I know how to make different areas on one map and that’s cool but boring. However if we can get an info about current map then we can let players have much more fun with special objects and areas in a mod with some different maps.
For example. I made a mod where team of 2 Lucio needs to “boop” teammate playing really slow Wrecking ball to get through some checkpoints to win. Still this is nice only for one map. If I could get what map is current I would add checkpoints for some maps.

It probably possible but wood be very anoying the only way i can see this working is if you edited each map separately

I am ready to edit all of them but how I recognize which one when?

I remember Someone posted a map detector here u can try searching for it

You could probably “fingerprint” the map by just reading the objectives and payload locations. Just doing a cross product of two known points should be able to create a fingerprint. You store the fingerprints for each map in an array, then check which one matches the current map.

Edit: Found the build mentioned by nutellaman, and it does exactly this.

1 Like

I have made my own map identifier and successfully tested it in this mod: 2XTM4.