Sorry Blizzard, but u NEED to return the real thing

Please stop trolling and toxically detailing threads by calling me someone else you don’t like.

Leave your obsession in the bin. Thank you.

Yeah… Look Nightwing, behaving like this;

Not really acceptable. You should have learned by your Nightwing ban and now your RodimusPrime suspension / ban. Start learning from your mistakes buddy, just trying to help.

1 Like

Not banned on any account. Also not nightwing.

Please cease this toxic obsession, it’s getting creepy now.

I rarely have leavers in my games. Seems like you are overreacting… If that would be such a huge problem, blizzard could easely handle that with bans or adjustments to sr points. Feel free to make a seperate topic with your suggestions but something tells me you are full of …

Personally I dont care about cosmetics… I even read an article somewhere that overwatch is losing a big amount of players because of this which is ridiculous… If you don’t like how they are charging, don’t buy. Basic economics, if they don’t sell enough, they will lower the price… The battle pass I’m not sure yet how that will play out, for the time being it hasn’t affected me yet.

There’s absolutely no reason they couldn’t put 6v6 and even “classic” mode in the arcade, then let the players decide. I mean, even for the e-sports - like in real sports - what’s wrong with two different events? More proof that you’re elite right? Beat them in 5v5 and then in 6v6 just to prove your unassailable prowess™ ( :wink: )

Question is, why not?

Cool. I’ve boarded up your house, and built a new one next door… it’s free to live there. Each month we will permit you to add a new item, freezer, TV and so on… but first you have to work or pay for it more than what people used to, even if it’s something you could have gotten before in your old house. Also, we’ve removed your second shower because, you know, it just caused arguments. Plus we’ve changed the skills your job needs and given your coworkers an advantage, but don’t worry you can also pay for training.

If you want your walls painting that’ll be $5000 a room for new colours, $7000 for ones you’ve had before. Totally don’t worry about the $500 a month rent though, just as long as you stay on that treadmill from getting home to going to bed to keep the power on. Alternatively you can buy 5 free days electricity a month for $2000, but only 5.

Again it is your choice whether you want to cope up with being living free there . It is free .no need to spend .

Overwatch1: 39.99 Euro : 50 Lootboxes with 200 random goodies, with high chance that at least 2-3 of them will be legendary skins, and other 197-198 items are also amazing:
icons, voicelines, emotes, victory poses, highlight intros, rare and epic skins.

Not enough? Just play the game, you get coins for every match that you can use to buy what you like but didn’t get from Lootboxes. You can gather enough coins in around 2-3 weeks for a legendary skin.

Overwatch 2: 49.99 Euro: 5700 coins that’s exactly enough for 3 legendary skins without any additional discounts. But they are at least the exact ones you want right?

Oh also, enjoy 60 coins a week. Hope you are ready to buy the legendary skin you want after 8 months IF you didn’t miss a single week because of personal life issues.

Also, how tf do you get icons now?

Microtransactions were invented to offer players with no time to grind the game to bypass the grind.

Today Blizzard has decided to not even allow players to grind. You can put 8 hours a day into the game, you still only get 60 coins max a week. 8 months for a legendary skin is a scam.

Yeah they are just cosmetics, but they are a fun aspect of customizations for the game and they WERE a reward the community got used to. Now there is no reward for playing the game after you get your 60 coins in the first 2-3 days.

If there is nothing to grind for it significantly lowers hours casual players spend in the game → meaning it will be harder to find matches to join → meaning paying players will also suffer from it not being able to play and show off their skins they bought with their money to the casual players → meaning the game will slowly loose more players

they went free to play afterall… But yeh all good points. But imo people should be playing overwatch for the unique type of game that it is… not for cosmetics? I don’t understand someone would leave overwatch because there is no grind/cosmetics… But I’m not saying that is not the case for anyone. I just don’t see why you would play overwatch for the grind/cosmetics… There are better mmorpg’s for that. Overwatch is for the pvp.

Butra
they went free to play afterall…

The game costed 40 usd. That’s the price of ONE middle sized currency pack.
For that middle sized currency pack you got a game where through HARD WORK you could unlock 2000 items in 4-5 years of gameplay. But most people bought Lootboxes anyway to reduce that time to 1-2 years because that’s how a LIFE-SERVICE stays up.

“But it’s free now”
No, it’s not, you just buy 1 middle-sized currency pack LESS. They discounted the game and raised the price of everything else by tenfold. I’m sorry but there is ABSOULUTELY no sane reason to defend the current 395 year grind just because the game itself is free.

But imo people should be playing overwatch for the unique type of game that it is… not for cosmetics? There are better mmorpg’s for that. Overwatch is for the pvp.

But cosmetics are the core element of their marketing though.
You don’t need the latest car in GTA either shooting enemies feels just the same from all the cars, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t feel good reward yourself or get rewarded with a new car when you do well in the game.

You lost me when you said “HARD WORK”, Since when was a video hard work? Hard to play? Yes, Takes a lot of play effort? Yes but if you think the game is hard work, then you might need a vacation.

You criticize me for using the word “Hard Work” then imminently bring up two synonyms as example that basically mean the same thing. Yes I means challanging gameplay and a lot of effort, and people like to feel rewarded for doing good in the game. I am 30, I know what games were like 20 years ago when all you had was an ingame match leaderboard in Call Of Duty 2, and I enjoyed it and I didn’t want more there.

Let me clarify one thing for YOU.
You. By playing the game. Just by playing the game, not even buying anything. You already generate Munnnaaayy to Blizzard.

Because every active player in the game means, more interactions in the game, shorter queuing times, meaning more happy players, more happy players draw in even more players boosting the player numbers, and high player numbers draw in investors and the company’s value goes up on the stock market.

Now I understand that you say, that you are okay with that because in return you get to play a game for free. But how long? You will see other players have awesome skins all the time, and soon you will feel pressured into buying them. It’s an existing psychological method, Activision patented it. Google “Activision Patents Matchmaking That Encourages Players To Buy Microtransactions” they designed a match making system where you are more likely to be paired up with people who owned skins so you can feel jealous for not having that skin.
And you will. No matter how much you say you only here for the shooty-shooty part, you will feel like you deserve a little reward for doing good, but there going to be none. You will need to buy a skin.
And we are adults, with self-control this game marketed for kids too. If you do not realize the dangers of 12-14 year olds manipulated and bullied into feeling inadequate for not owning some cool skin, that’s entirely on you.

Don’t shame us who do see the problem and try to do something about it.

Oh yeah totally in need of a vacation.

You are talking to a guy here who had 500 overwatch “boxes” because I couldn’t be bothered opening them :smiley:

I think I have about 2000 hours into overwatch and probably spent about 40-50 euro’s on it over the past 5-6 years . In my view it is not an expensive game… but that is my personal experience ofcourse. Maybe this will change but last season I bought the season pack to get access to closed beta… This season I won’t.

As long as you can unlock things by playing, it is all good for me.

The only thing changes have achieved is to remove all fun for the game…

1 Like

Guys, this is just inflation. What used to be $2 is now $20. It’s the new normal. Milk used to be $1 now it’s $2. Gas used to be $4 now it’s $12.

It’s all good.

What used to be content you could earn for free now costs 10 000 dollar, and that’s fine, after all they did drop the 40 dollar box price. 40 = 10 000 you’d be stupid not to accept this magnificent deal! (I think I’m getting an aneurysm)

I barely played overwatch 1 and i do pay ow 2 because i now can play it on the switch. because appearently i couldnt play the game i bought on the pc on the switch.

But its amazing how ow 2 is actually a downgrade of the first games with very aggresive pricing of things. New heros being announced and hyped up only for them to be locked behind the season pass.

There being no way to earn cosmetics for free. I played ow2 since it came out and i only got 430 currency saved up. While things cost 1000 coins. if you want to buy it with real money it will be very pricy to buy.

Some maps were even missing at the launch only to be returned as new content in the second season.

They should have stolen paladins or fallguys monetisation models. That way freeplayers could actually earn stuff while having alot of stuff to buy as well.

The player base is tiny, i keep seeing the same people over and over. I probably should just return to paladins instead. despite its bugs it atleast makes you suffer way less from leavers as well while letting you earn stuff for free

1 Like