Sound cuts in and out

Hi

In the last week or so I’ve experienced a new problem when playing Overwatch. I mainly use a Steelseries Siberia 150 headset, and the sound intermittently cuts in and out. The sound goes silent for about 8 seconds, then comes back for 5 seconds, then repeats.

When I minimised the game to check the sound settings, what is happening is the audio output device is switching between the Steelseries headset and the onboard sound card every few seconds.

It’s only happening in Overwatch, headset works fine on every other game including WOW and Diablo 3. All audio and Steelseries drivers are fully up to date.

Any ideas? This is making the game very annoying to play.

Thanks

Hey VoodooZombie,

Let’s start by re-installing the drivers for both your sound card and your headset, and see if that clears things up.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Exact same issue even without headphones attached… it goes silent for like 30 sec to 1 minute or even more and randomly re-appears… my mobo has Nahimic 3 compatible sound card and i use that soft

Hey Hexlay,

Try disabling Nahimic, or updating the software/drivers for that and see if that helps out.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

I will try, btw this problem never existed, just in the last update it got problematic + crashes, well i will make another thread for that