Sound is not working correctly

Hi. I have sound in the menus and in the tutorial, but whenever I join a game or target practice I lose my sound. I can get the sound playing if I change the “playback device” setting to headset (even when playing out of a speaker), but this is at a really low quality and randomly cuts out. I was hoping you could help me troubleshoot this as it makes the game pretty much unplayable

Have you tried working through the steps here ?
Make sure to do the Advanced Troubleshooting steps at the bottom.

I went through all of these steps multiple times with no luck. For anyone having the same issues you have to turn voice chat off in options - the game was trying to use my speakers/headset for voice chat which is why all of the sound was muffled.

I have been having issues with voice chat in game I have no idea how to fix it I have tried switching audio output and input but I cannot hear anyone help?

Hi Death,

It sounds like your issue is with voice chat specifically, rather than the more general sound issue from the OP. You can find more info about troubleshooting voice over on this page:

I’ll close this thread here to prevent further confusion, but if you need further assistance don’t hesitate to send a support ticket with the logs per the support article.