Start install button not working

On a new laptop I’m trying to install OverWatch. The laptop has MS Windows 10 with all updates installed.

When I download Overwatch-Setup.exe I can start installation but the button “Start Install” is not working anymore. I can press it any number of times, nothing happens. There is no error message or anything so it looks like the implementation behind the button was lost with the last version of the installer.

Is this a known issue / bug? Will a new version of the installer be forthcoming?

Or, if it isn’t a bug but a feature, is there a manual that explains how this “start install” button works?

I tried install of Diablo. In that case the button is working.

Hi there LazyTitan!

Do you have the Blizzard Battlenet App installed?

If not, please install that first and use that to install Overwatch :slight_smile:
if you do already, try these steps:

then re-start the app and try again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey there LazyTitan

When you are having issues starting the installation of Overwatch you should try these steps.

These should solve the issue for you, but if you still have issues after going through both standard and advanced troubleshooting, please reply back to this post with traceroute, pathping, and system files pasted via Pastebin so that we can further investigate. :slight_smile:

Have you tried installing battle.net into a different folder. Been having the same issue and I tried installing battle.net into a different folder and it worked