Storm Rising- your opinion about new mission

Hi there, I would like to hear your opinion about the new mission in archives. Personally I don’t play overwatch that much anymore but archives were always my favourite time in the overwatch calendar. Do you think this mission is as good as past ones?

To be honest I am kinda disappointed in a gameplay it self. All of talon units are the same like in a retribution event. I really wish blizzard would add at least one new boss to this mission but sadly there is no surprises.
Secondly I am really upset that cheroes which are in the story are again mercy, Benji and tracer. We have already recive their lore in a past missions and I hoped with something with characters which are missing some story. I think many people expected to play this time from talon perspective.
Another thing is that the event trailer looked really interesting (especially tracer on motorcycle) and sadly that was nothing but a small bait from developers.

Of course this mission has a good side. New map looks amazing and the storm animations are really impressive. I hope that animators team knows that we really appreciate such a details work.
Also the story and amount of lore this mission gives is probably the best thing which comes with the event. So many new faces and interesting dialogues… It’s just a shame the gameplay is not more interesting.

Overally it’s a good job, wonderful map, lore but next time we could use something new.

1 Like

I think it was pretty good, and I liked the map design. The only problem I have is the beeping sound that you get once you go outside. It’s so off-putting and just makes me not want to play anymore. I don’t know whether it’s meant to be like a ship or the truck horn but I think it needs to be fixed.

I like the cinematics
The Map is BEAUTIFUL and exquisite. The storm is so pretty and convincing. Great job art depeartment.

The Gameplay…
Hellishlly meh. The first time I was playing it i almost startd zoning out… It just felt so anti climatic and empty at the end… The Hero dialogue was so vanilla and basic as when compared to the complexity of retribution.It was just very basic and really gameplay wise lacking in oomph that we are all expecting because of the previous events

Whilst the mission is defiantly the weakest of the 3, not bad by any means just now that I’ve played it once I don’t think I will again, the event is still welcome and the new skins are pretty nifty, they finally gave Moria a lab coat to that’s my bias self sated.

Whilst the event doesn’t offer as much in the way of new content this year it’s still welcome and hey, it’s not like we have to pay extra for it so I can’t find reason to be mad or disappointed.

Its a sign that they will try less and less with the new stuff until only new heroes, maps and cosmetics remain.

it was very, very meh. didn’t feel the slightest bit to play another round after finishing first go