Strawpoll: If you ever bail mid-match, what is the most likely reason for it?

Our opinion is that you deliberately choosing to leave games should get you banned sooner rather than later.

Bragging about it is just a weird move.

I donā€™t think getting reported for leaving a match where everyone is toxic is fair. Thereā€™s a clear drawback to leaving: huge sr loss and temporary ban that leads to a complete ban for the whole season. Getting strikes on the account because you donā€™t want to partake in a clownfiesta full of toxic people and Blizzard report system being extremely flawed being abused makes me quit altogether and have nothing to do with this game anymore.
Example: had a couple of rough days with my internet connection, unfortunately my connection went on and off a couple of times, and I suspect I got reported because I dcā€™d. One day, while playing on the second round of a game, my interned crashed for 1/2 minutes, came back and as soon as I came back I saw that I got suspended for gameplay sabotage. G A M E P L A Y S A B O T A G E FOR DISCONNECTING. You know what I did after seeing that? I left the game for good. I will make the people that falsely reported me lose a very winnable game. And since Blizzard donā€™t even try to double check some suspensions, I didnt even try to appeal it.

I agree. That specific case isnā€™t techinally fair to punish.

But if they had to spend time working out what caused someone to leave, or check all the evidence for leaving a toxic gameā€¦ They would be there forever checking. And it isnā€™t worth their time.

That is why they want you to just mute people, report and get to the end of the game.

Yes, we would all like to kick toxic people like that right between the legsā€¦ But sadly we just have to go through the process.

Again, I agree the penalty for an honest DC seems harshā€¦ But technically you did sabotage their game, 5 people were left with a basically unwinable game because of your internet. I know they were probably all thinking, if your internet is being dodgyā€¦ why you even playing.

(yes donā€™t appeal, they have a message on the appeals page that they will never overturn a suspension on appeal)

And thatā€™s very exploitable. They have a very exploitable system and theyā€™re saying ā€œdeal with itā€. Not professional at all.

Fair enough. You can exploit it.

Personally. Just focus on my game play. Try and improve. And report the people behaving like knobs.