Suggestion for Ow2

Along with the announcement of a new character, Blizzard announced the beginning of a new first rating season. Therefore, I propose to increase the minimum level for the rating from 25 to 250. This will exclude cases of newcomers, cheaters and ruins in the game. It will not destroy the problem, of course, but will only reduce the likelihood of the appearance and possible spoiled impression of the game.

I do believe levels are going away. We only have Battle Pass tiers, 20 for the free and 80 for the premium in total. So asking for 250 levels of anything would exclude everyone from participating in rated games. But even currently I would think level 250 is a crazy long time for people not to be able to play rated games.

Been suggested a billion times. Always a bad idea, and one that have answered in the past.

Gatekeeping to that extreme would be awful.

Your rise of the cap is meaningless:

Newcomer can be better than you but you want to take away this player’s ability to put it in practice. Even they would be statistically worse players they will play at their own level never the less. If you think 250 level players would be improvement to level of games overall, would just mean in the end that you drop divisions.

Cheating part is understandable frustration but cheaters will just bot their levels with no much of detection for proof of the problem in ranked since other one is tried to be hided and other isn’t.

Addition:
Understanding that in ranked never the less you belong to your rank. There might be players in lower division like 2.5k who could be at 4k just because they don’t care about their rank, they just want to play their way and that way is equal of 2.5k rank overall.
Then there is the sweaty player who pushes so hard each time he dies there is time to pull back his prolapsed **** but this player is at 2.5k and with same style of the 4k player he would be at 1.5k.