Suspension rant

Ok so I got suspended for the second time now, whatever.

But what I don’t understand is this: if I’m abusing the chat system and NOT disrupting gameplay, shouldn’t I just get an extended mute duration instead of it going straight to suspension? It doesn’t make sense as I never intend to “throw” or disrupt the game for others even when I’m being harassed.

That being said I don’t even know why appealing is an option. I literally sent an appeal to the technical support staff and received an expected but disappointing response:

https://i.imgur.com/YLapsnm.png

So not only am I told I deserve the “punishment” but am also given a link that doesn’t event work and to top it all of I even get an advertisement for “every Blizzard fan”.

Yeah no sis I’m good.

2 Likes

Oof they don’t go back on suspensions unless you have proof that you weren’t toxic but you were almost all games will ban you from playing if you got silenced a couple of times… maybe try not being toxic? I got silenced once and that was mostly due to a stack that i got in an argument with and spam reported me (I was toxic to them aswell) so been extra careful after that and haven’t been silenced in months.

at least you got an explanation why you got suspended

when i got a 7 days ban and the support team just gave me this

this action has been taken in accordance with our Code of Conduct (Blizzard Support - Blizzard's In-Game Code of Conduct), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing Overwatch. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all our players. Our Battle. net Terms of Use can be found at https://blizzard.com/company/about/termsofuse.html

We now consider this matter closed and would not look to enter into further discussion on the subject.

1 Like

Sounds reasonable. 3 silences -> suspension. I mean I guess the next best action would be to completely revoke your ability to communicate.

1 Like

no ,next comes a perma ban from OW

It makes perfect sense to me. You’ve been silenced 3 times yet you still insist on being toxic/use profanity. The severity of the actions towards you will grow gradually if you don’t learn from your mistakes and if despite that you continue your behavior you’re not welcome to play the game due to constant violations of the ToS.

1 Like

Just try NOT being toxic maybe…?

3 Likes

Considering it didn’t work the 1st time, it makes a lot of sense. See sanctions are not there so you can sit through them, they are there to discourage you from certain behavior.

How exactly were you abusing the chat system? Was it perhaps by taking out your frustration on others?

It’s really hard when people harass you for your pick. I’m not just gonna sit there and have to listen to it am I?

And I don’t like muting people because I feel like they might give out important shot calls, even though they mostly don’t ://

If a criminal commits a crime on you and thus, you commit a crime on him, both of you will be punished.

If you harass the harassers, you are not better than them.

Just take it easy and stay calm.

2 Likes

just mute ,report and move on

If you got reported for abusive chat, you would’ve very likely been silenced instead of suspended. Meaning you got reported for something else.

It’s not something I’ve often encountered (probably because I fill tank or healer as required and rarely get to play DPS in Comp). All I can say is I never lose my rag and explain logically why I am doing what I’m doing.

Do you find you get less hate for picking Sym since update? She seems less ‘situational’ to what she was.

I had the same thing. It’s utterly ridiculous. And all I did was ranting about the games heroes and not the ingame players themselves.
I hate this generation. It sounds like a cringe cliche now but it’s true.

And instead of giving people the chance to block the player’ chat to not see it anymore, which could help everyone in this game. They ban people.
Laughable. Blizzard is just laughable.

1 Like

If blizzard claims you broke the code of conduct, yet it doesn’t fit the offensive language paragraph, then there must be another paragraph that suits your situation.

What about this one?

Behavior that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment.

Complaining about the game might jeopardize the enjoyment of the other players but the first part doesn’t fit (“intentionally”)…

Nonetheless, if you want to complain, don’t do it during the games but rather on the forums where we can discuss about it.

1 Like

I didn’t disrespect anyone. How does that fit.
Why is chatting even allowed in the first place when everything seems insulting and distracting. Chatting itself is distracting even if you say good things. It’s so stupid.

Call outs - useful to team
Co-ordinating attacks - useful to team
Discussing defence strategy - useful to team
Discussing team comp - useful to team
Ranting - useless to team and distracting/annoying

So you literally cannot banter, talk about whatever in quickplay? You are not allowed to talk about the game either in qp?

Sounds like George Orwell.

1 Like

Let’s say you claim that, during the match, you say that doomfist is a noob hero. In this match, a doomfist main hears it and now thinks you called him a noob, which is an offensive expression and thus a violation of the code of conduct.

It isn’t that hard to stay positive. If you can’t, vent it out somewhere else.

People who can’t read shouldn’t be allowed to report.