Team Fortress 2 vs Overwatch

The support provided by Blizzard on this game is absolutely shocking. They do not care about the players, the community. They have our money and that’s that with them.

The stats show that this game is dying.

Looking at the concurrent players on Overwatch is numbering at 100,000.
Team Fortress 2 has 60,000 lol.
Other games like PUBG that has 1,000,000,000 concurrent players.

100,000 players for a game like this is shocking.

Where are these numbers from?

Last reports had OW at between 8.5m and 9.0m MAUs which would imply that your numbers are about 1.17% of those figures.

I assume the PUBG number is a typo, I doubt they have 1 billion players.

Complitly disagree with that,we have every 2 weeks upgrade and direct message from Devs team,we have great balance in the game,even better balance matchamking,is really funny when you have these two things.

I do not belive in that,bcs am playing it,and I can see alot good people around.

I didn’t know Blizzard Activision share how much they have players exactly,I mean,don’t get me wrong,but I know some serious people at Overwatch,by know them I even can’t get information when Overwatch Contenders will start or Overwatch league,since you have information about game numbers which I belive is good to know it,you must know when does it start Overwatch Contenders or Overwatch league?But overall,sometimes is better to have 100k players that paid for the game,meanwhile shoping,then 1 ,000,000,000 where evreryone cheating,toxic,and most of all game is free to play.I will remaind you,Overwatch is 2016 so far 6 years game old.

I do not play free to play games.I am not rich in real life,but I belive 40-60euros is not to much for the game that you love.And,one more important thing,you cannot ranking games that are free to play and games that are pay to play.In the games free to play,they caunting everything,even people those who get permament banned as active player,that’s case atm doing riot company in league of legends,beside it,they are shoping are Twitch ‘‘viewers’’,Twitch is not like it was before,you can buy boots,you can trade with company,but yea,league of legends doesn’t have more then 250k overall in the world.I know these things,and I know for what is mr.Tencent capable.I took example from riot bcs am 101% they showing numbers that they even banned people as a players who are active,how you can be active if u banned?If they doing that,what else they doing?I am fan of Blizzard games since 2015,never saw anything wrong,is a long time 7 years,I been playing league in the past since 2009 till 2015 and saw aloot toxic players,toxic SUPPORT,and many others things.I am happy with Overwatch Devs Team,with company Blizzard Activision and most of all Community.You forgot,Blizzard Activision have 9bilions in the bank in Canada,that mean,they can chill now.

So what, Competitive is completely mismanaged, and not curated properly which leads to it being full of people who don’t even know how to play one hero, and forget knowing anything about tactics, or hero counters. Also, Competitive is full of people who openly admit to not care to neither play properly nor even care to win, and Blizzard doesn’t do anything about those people.
On top of that, the ranking system is fundamentally screwed, and doesn’t rank solo players properly, and you can easily prove that by ranking few accounts where often you can get 1000 points difference in ranks between two accounts of the same player.

So it doesn’t matter that the game gets updates, or that you get a message from devs, because in the end of the day there are many problems with the fundamental design of the game, and Competitive is in the dumpster which is starting to catch fire.

How does that exactly prove that games doesn’t die?
Gold games are being backfilled with Bronze players because there are not enough people, lol
Ofc. It’s dying, and especially after the lawsuits against Blizzard, it got a big hit in decline.

Blizzard API scrubbing, which means data is directly from the Blizzard servers.
Ofc. it’s statistical data, not an exact count, but it was already proven with WoW that those statistical numbers are pretty accurate.

On top of that, almost all 3rd party websites for OW stats were closed because there was almost no traffic, which means the game lost tones of players last few years.

There are a lot of data points which clearly show that OW is declining year after year.

These games back then were not free to play for instance Team Fortress 2/PUBG, you had to pay for these. The fact they’re pulling in more of the market than OW shows how badly it has been managed. This game is basically free to play considering it was a top seller at one point meaning many people already own the game.

As Stellar says below, it been on a downward trend for ages now, with no real uplift.

Minecraft, Apex, PUBG all dip in players, but come back stronger with each update/patch/maintenance. Overwatch, nothing at all.

If you hate it so much, stop playing. Boring reading you moan about it so much.

1 Like

Well it is an old game now. We’ll see how OW2 is when it eventually releases.

You are still to explain where you got your numbers from.

Providing a source is key to research

Nobody is forcing you to read what he is sayin, but if someone one wants changes for the good in something you need to complain about it. Why even defend the stupid sh it blizzard has been doing. Ow has the worst community ever.

1 Like