Teams are really, really sh*t

A little over 800 hours played here, mostly QP, and I keep getting teamed up with newbies that haven’t played the game for more than 10 matches. I try helping them, only to get insulted by what must be teenagers. It’s ridiculous how bad they are, and I kept trying to be nice and helpful.

It’s gotten to the point where I stop only focussing on QP and I’m now going to actively have fun in Competitive.

My fun.

Blizzard, you suck at matchmaking. You really, really suck at it. If you keep teaming experienced and nice players up with dimwits, then it seems you want us to lower our standards :slight_smile:

Do better.

2 Likes

Having just gone through that process. Where sre new players meant to learn the game? Seeing as there is basically no tutorial.

The behaviour you can’t excuse, people are just daft.

From what I’ve seen the match maker for quick play is really open so you can get matches faster, and it doesn’t seem to me a good reference point for the standard of the game.

Yes, and make the game somewhat impossible for new players to pick up… sounds like good design to me :+1:

Me personally. I didn’t mind it so much.

I got to learn the maps, make a few friends, and learn from better players when I came up against them.

Ultimately it is only quick play. If you are getting stomped and not enjoying the game, just leave and requeue.

Yeah exactly.

Blocking out new players with experienced players might cause new players to be put with alts/smurfs and just have a straight up horrible experience due to the lack of players… meaning long queue times for new players too.

New players just deserve a good experience too, hence why you shouldn’t take level into consideration whilst matchmaking. I mean… come on you can literally group up beforehand.

I know I played against a few alt accounts being leveled. Definitely played with a couple.

Had games with high level accounts ranked in Masters and lower accounts in silver. It was all over the place.

Plenty of evidence there to learn how to do things, and how not to do it.

1 Like

im having the oposite problem… experienced players with 0 teamwork and 100% clueless

Well, you are one. :o

I was a new account leveling in QP yes. Well done you.

Any more tips on tanking? I took on board your advice and gain 104sr in 3 games last night (2 wins, 1 loss). So already in plat, we keep practicing!

You’re hysterical dude <3

Made that decision a couple years ago, never looked back. I only focus on comp now because the chances of getting reasonable games are much higher than QP.

1 Like

Oh. Sorry. I didn’t realise asking an experienced player for tip was funny. My bad.

Oh well. Maybe I will see you in game soon.

(you seem to be a coward hiding behind a hidden profile, so no idea where you would be to get matched against).

Yeah I have played probably 3 times as many QP play games as comp, and I would gladly never play QP again.

(sadly though, a few of my friends like to play QP classic… so I have to grit my teeth and jump in from time to time).

Can you stop the act, people know you’re Nightwing lol. And you’ve had plenty of experience on the game, and pretending to be someone else, a new player, is kinda weird dude.

What makes you think that’s Nightwing?

What happened to his main account?

2 Likes

The act? I am just being me.

Your false accusations are for you to worry about. I am just looking to enjoy my games, make friends and try to get as good as I can.

Honestly, if you think I am this person, cool. Whatever. Clearly they left a mark on you and you can’t let it go.

Honestly, it isn’t me but this Wolfex clearly just wants to be disruptive. So I am just going to let him think what he wants.

He seems a bit too childish to take seriously.

I wonder…

Nightwing vanishes (And he lived on the forums) and this dude pops up on that day, acting like a new player, always on the forums, types like him, acts like him (Differences which make it obvious, a lot less trolling).

Dude, some others know it’s you, so put that childish card away. It’s far too obvious. You go on about being a new player this, being a new player that, yet you’re constantly on the forums, no new players spend a lot of their time on here. And you’re trolling on that account too, probably why you can’t post on your main account. Surprised people haven’t caught on, but I ain’t fooling for your act.

“know”.

Surely only this Nightwing and me would know who is who.

Sadly for you though, other than having read a lot of the rubbish he posted here in my pre-playing, forums stalking days (was a surprisingly good way to research what mentality not to take into the game)… I know nothing about the guy. And really, I probably wouldn’t want to know him either.

It might be him, it might not. But one thing that is very clear is that you love engaging with him and discussing Overwatch together :joy:

Maybe you guys don’t do it in the nicest way, so I’ll present you both this. Out of all the gamers in the world, you and him are among the few % that play Overwatch. Even beyond that you and him are among the <1% of Overwatch players who enjoy the game enough to be active on the official forum for the game.

You guys have more in common than you think and I believe that’s why you both like talking to each other, under the guise of a feud or anger. In reality, you guys just like talking and arguing or disagreeing about something you both actually love.

Just something to think about the next time you call each other names or put each other down for ‘x’ reason.

1 Like