The ingame Report/Feedback system is bad

Hi all,

The current ingame feedback system is actually bad and lacking. there needs to be more feedback options. here are some of them:

1/ Report the match itself:
sometimes a game goes totally wrong and becomes unfun, despite it not being the fault of the players. Maybe the matchmaking is bad or something similar. that game needs to be reported because it was a bad game, but we currently have no such possibility.

2/ Report bad performances of players:
This type of report should not result in any ban or penalty for the reported person, but it should help the matchmaking of the game.
i swear that some matches are basically 5v6 games because of how bad and out of context a teammate is.
Reporting a bad player numerous times can help putting him where he actually belongs.

That’s all i have in mind for now, feel free to suggest your own ideas down below

1. They already have this. Head over to the replay system.

2. You want to report people for having a bad game? That is pretty embarrassing.

1 Like

OW had this option in the first months, after every game you could rate the game. Turns out people enjoyed the game when they won, and didn’t enjoy it when they lost. Yes, that was basically all the info they got from this.

The MMR already aims to put players where they belong. Everybody has good days and bad days, and your MMR is much more volatile than the SR (competitive MMR, not SR, is used for matchmaking in ranked). People in general are notoriously bad at judging other people’s performance compared to their own. I’ve had games where I literally prevented a loss by being the only one contesting in the last minute before reinforcements could arrive, and in the end got told I was throwing. Sometimes, I’m absolutely convinced a player was doing nothing all game, just to watch the replay and realize (s)he did his/her best.

But maybe Blizz should do what LoL (or Dota 2, can’t remember) does: provide an “report player for bad gameplay” option that literally does nothing except giving people a way to vent.

2 Likes

They need to do that for about 90% of reports.

Just going by this forum, and the NA one, people think you should be reported for literally everything down to someone not doing something you would do.

I’d personally just reduce it down to 2 things.

• Abusive Chat (as this can be proven easily)
  • Cheating

Anything else is a waste of time reporting/getting mad about.

1 Like

well there’s the intentional thrower but those tend to happen because of abusive chats so… maybe just abusive chat is enough?

but i think really there’s not gonna be enough functions to make the game better if the players themselves choose to act this way on their own accord either way.

1 Like

People throwing, like you say are likely being abusive too. Slap them for that.

Throwing is subjective most of the time. Yeah you get the real obvious, don’t leave spawn, ones… but they are very rare. Most people deranking still actively participate in the match, they will just do subtle things to make sure they are not adding huge value.

Or the 6 stacks that derank. But they should be flagged up automatically without reports. You lose a certain number of games in a row it should force you to “take a break” from ranked anyways. Say lose 10 in a row and you can’t que for 30 minutes or something.

yeah, the obvious throw, but i mean if they’re going out of their way to soft throw you can just count them as a bad player and move on.
and sure fighting derankers and such.

but really,
all of these things exist because the community is bad and there’s not much you can do about it, community will just find another way to do these things.

Exactly.

And if you are wanting to report someone for “playing badly” then you might as well just uninstall.

I would be willing to put money on the fact that the OP “plays badly” more often than they “play well”… seeing as they are Plat. Just like us, as we are gold. We will play badly a little more.

when i say the community is bad i don’t mean bad as in skill, but just bad as people because they want to do bad stuff.

True. But that isn’t a “community” thing… That is just weirdos trying to show off to their mates because they have anonymity and think they are invulnerable.

which is a big part of the community hence why it’s profitable to have people pay for deranking and other bad stuff.

if there was no need for those things, those things just wouldn’t exist.

anyways gtg, important stuff tomorrow.

No one “pays for deranking” lol.

Certainly not to Blizz.

The opposite (maybe negative side) of the endorsement system

maybe a 3rd suggestion i got in mind.
3/ report a smurf
sometimes a player should not be reported for cheating just because he is a smurf, but smurfing is also unfair and close to cheating in terms of impact and makes the game not fun for low level players.

But most of those reports would be wrong. So why have the feature.

To action someone, you’d have to have a way to detect one. So reporting people for throwing and/or account boosting when see will kill most of the small number of smurf accounts.

It’s the worst system I’ve ever encountered in any game. 6 stacks can easily get someone silenced :stuck_out_tongue:

any automatic report system is garbage without an actual person sifting through and evaluating the reports, which is a cost factor.

Which they do.

But if you’ve had enough reports to get actioned, it means you have been reported multiple times per match, for multiple matches.

If that’s the case, not much checking is needed. As that shows you have displayed a pattern of poor behavior and have annoyed many people.

They can’t. You can’t get actioned from being reported in 1 game.

If you’ve been silenced it’s because you’ve been reported a lot, in many games.