The state of console voice chat

This has been an ongoing issue for god knows how long now, and i still can’t believe it hasn’t been fixed, even acknowledged as far as i’m aware.

Whenever i attempt to join voice chat (group, match, team, any form of overwatch voice chat) it will wait around 2-3 seconds then an error message will show up, kick me out if VC, then i have keep joining and leaving until it eventually decided that i could let me in, this has been an issue for console for over a year now.

Sure, while annoying, i was still able to talk in voice chat, so i never really was bothered enough to bring it up, but recently that completely changed when it adamantly refused to pick up audio input from my headset, and in addition being unable to hear anything from others while in VC. I’ve tried everything, rejoining vc, restarting my console, uninstalling and reinstalling, absolutely nothing.

The odd part was that my old wired headset was able to detect input, so i ended up using that for a long while, until recently when that exact same issue arose.

So that brings me here, just tired of literally wrestling with voice chat everyday just to get in and have it not work at all, Blizzard if your going to make a game for multiple platforms, at least make it so the bare minimum in game features work for all users, no matter what hardware they’re on.

And out of curiosity have any other console users had this issue? it seems so inconsistent, like i have friends across all platforms (PC, Xbox, Ps4/5, Switch) and i always get mixed responses of “it’s fine i’ve never had any issues” to “i can never get in to vc, always bugs out”