There no defense against report system abuse

This is the Coc if you dont follow it then you cant play blizzard games.
If you’re unsure if your actions violate this code of conduct, reconsider them. We reserve the right to restrict offending accounts as much as necessary to keep Blizzard games a fun experience for all players.

Well we established that “could” is the problem, I don’t think “terrible” is disrespectful, especially if it’s true. It’s tilting yes, but not insulting. It’s not insulting because Carrya’s intent wasn’t to insult the player but encourage a switch, while expressing frustration. I don’t agree that’s the right approach, but I don’t find it reportable either.

As shown above, I’m a minority in this case therefore my opinion is irrelevant. Case point that the community decides the limits, if “hi” is considered toxic, that will be reportable.

1 Like

If it was meant to be insulting or toxic, I would have said “trash” instead.

That’s it. This guy knows what I am talking about.

So now we have to give the middle finger to everyone who thinks that its not ok?
Well the rules are this how you use them is your own deal. This CoC is used for all blizzard products and games.
I’ll say that a lot more players have reported this guy then they are here discusing the ban.
Blizzard don’t ignor any player base that follows this rules.
Will be funny to see what the people who he flamed have to say about this, the same people that reported him.
But im sure their opinions don’t really matter…

Then make a team with people like him and play with them. Dont play with random people and insolt them whenever you feel its right.
By your logic you can freely flame on every game your team didn’t carry you on.

1 Like

Please don’t misunderstand me, I’m not saying it’s your fault. My point is, that’s how it is unfortunately in general at the moment. As I stated above, player doesn’t have to be insulted but might start over-thinking things he/she shouldn’t to try and improve but causing a negative effect.

2 Likes

That got me thinking:

“Xxx is terrible” is a form of criticism, specifically destructive criticism. If such a phrase is reportable, are any form of destructive criticism reportable?

If that is the case, is constructive criticism reportable as well? Is criticism even needed during a competitive match?

2 Likes

Dude you are going to play a game of overwatch…
What happens when everyone wants to give some a little criticism to everyone ?
And even worse if they do it by text chat…
A game of overwatch is 10 min… Lets not waste 5 of them talking about whos right and whos wrong.

at ƇǺȐŖŶǍ77
You can discuse anything you want with your team if you know how to do it.
Not sure if you watched the vide but this is how you do “shot calling”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ_Uy2VwH2s
Like just do this and you will see that people will be more likly to play what you want them to play.
Calling someone terrible in front of 4 other people don’t make them be your B…

What happens when u have a feeding genji or a tracer that doesnt kill , or a widow that misses every single shot . IN your world you cant say anything , you just have to accept your loss.

1 Like

Well did they start playing like a top 500 widow main when you insolted them?

had a few who did actually.

Flaming is still not the same as saying something is bad.

I see. Then competitive is not meant for such people. Should one ever be affected negatively by criticism, then it’s time to stop playing for a short period of time.

Whenever someone tells me I’m doing something bad, or myself playing as a certain hero is terrible, I switch and try to help my team instead of spamming that report button because it could be interpreted as offensive.

They could have surely stopped feeding or switched to something else then.

Calling someone bad is flaming.

Clearly i dont like it you are flaming anyone on my team…

Just because I can’t tell them they are playing poorly and should switch?

Thing is u are missing my friend.

This game is not what u play best. its what ur team gets most value from.

When ur doing nothing i will ask nicely if you could switch.

But when your holding on for a char for another 6 mins and just his ego is in the way of our victory i will tell him.

1 Like

I take breaks from every game, I find it refreshing.

1 Like

I have to smoke or take drugs at the end of games so yeah. And it refreshes your tilt so its nice.

2 Likes

Ohh I hear you, I puff before most games lol

Look you cant make people not be offended.
Even if i stop reporting people who name call my teammate they will still be people reporting for it.
Meaning people need it.

And that’s what gets a lot of players including me reported and eventually banned.

Every single game of comp. At least that’s one thing we can both agree on.

1 Like