To countries that cannot access vc

hello
so there are some Countries where voice chat is blocked not just in overwatch,hots or any other blizzard game
for example all countries that are in the middle east cannot connect to voice chat cuz country bans it
isnt there any possible way for blizzard to attempt to contact the ISPs in these countries and try to unblock it?
i mean voice chat is important to the game and wayyy faster than text chat to talk
it isnt fun to be unable to join voice chat and miss out the comms and the fun in a good comms game

2 Likes

If your country blocks VC, consider trying a VPN. They’re usually pretty cheap.

1 Like

middle east gets 135-200 ping average what do think the ping will be with a VPN

2 Likes

“Uh hey, Iran? Yea. It’s Blizzard, I know your country wants to try in every way possible to suppress western culture and free speech, but could you please change the rules for us a bit? Our players are having a hard time playing a game. Thanks!”

I’m starting to think its not about countries.

I’ve been searching around for any similar issues it seems people from Saudi Arabia and Egypt have the same issue, I guess the problem comes from Windows Updates, so with the new update on Windows, Overwatch can not detect which sound card is being used and It seems this problem has happened a year ago but they have never found the problem.

Let’s hope Windows fix this problem somehow, I guess this might end up happening in other games as well, so people can report the problem online as an community.

I’m reporting this problem right now.
Cheers.

I recently came across a VPN that enables VC without much added ping (roughly 5-15 ms)
It’s called 1.1.1.1 CloudFlare WARP, give it a go

edit: I live in Egypt