Toxic players / throwers

I was just wondering when the real toxic players and real throwers will get banned. If Blizzard continues like this Overwatch is gonna die faster

5 Likes

Theyā€™re not - itā€™s automated based on number of reports.

1 Like

your thin skin is killing more of the game then some harsh words.

1 Like

no, the reason itā€™s a bad system is because groups of people abuse it by sending fake reports, otherwise it works quite well.

Theyā€™re not. The report system works on a number system, so once enough reports are met (say 100) then a suspension is handed out, the next time itā€™ll be longer, etc.

So people can just report you for anything, like one tricking or playing a hero they donā€™t like and report it as ā€œgameplay sabotageā€ and youā€™ll get banned after enough reports.

I always thought that a multi billion dollar company like Activiion Blizzard could afford to do better, and have a dedicated community relations department where they review reports more in-depth and take care of bad apples much faster. But given the recent employee cutbacks, and losing players/money, maybe this is out of the question now.

2 Likes

Reports are submitted to blizzard but the problem is the file path seems to be directly pointed at the recycling bin on their computers

never. because everyone is toxic or leaves sometimes, assumed enough tards are involved on your team. If you suffer from leavers too much, I guess you might be a reason.

Define a real thrower or toxic player please, everyone has different thoughts on that, actual throwers intentionally disrupt game not playing objective when they can not participating at all which falls under inactivity, or feeding into enemy repeatedly which is game play sabotage, while toxicity is understood by some as being selfish, while in reality its more about throwing insults and being a troll.

I donā€™t know about you, but I very often get the message that some of my reports have lead to actions. Will there always be new ones? Sure, but as long as you do your duty in reporting people for reportable offenses, they will get weeded out. Does that make your last game better? No, but it will make other peopleā€™s future games better.

1 Like

I have suggestion, something new evenā€¦ points at the exit
Perhaps the community isnā€™t the problem, but you are.

I dont think toxic players should be punished like that.
Take a look at why they are being toxic. If its because a genji got 500 dmg after 2 minutes. or 4 people insta pick dps ill get mad as hellā€¦
If people underperform. ill be mad as hellā€¦
Sometimes the people who sabotage games should be banned instead of those who calls em out

I think they already banned the entire community :smiley: I know the numbers and i have to say that amount of players that got banned/suspended in extremaly high . They gonna make this game free to play or itā€™s gonna die cuz they legit banned all player . I really dont care about toxicity since i can right click and mute or can leave the voice chat or chat .

1 Like