UK keyboard ` key as PTT

Overwatch does not recognize the UK English keyboard ` (grave accent, top left of the keyboard above the tab) as a valid choice for any keybind (I would prefer this to be push to talk). For UK keyboards the push to talk is ’ (quotation mark, between the ; and # keys)
I’ve attempted to do a reset settings, scan and repair, with the behavior being the same no matter what I try.

Is this a known bug(and are the devs looking into this, as I’m unable to use voice chat)? Or is there a workaround, other than having multiple languages setup (English US works for the keybinds but then a bunch of other keys are set wrong)

EDIT: As a workaround, for anyone else who has had the same issue. I’ve created a custom keyboard using Microsoft keyboard creator, copying the US English keyboard, and switched the " and @ symbols. Hopefully the Overwatch team can get this sorted so that others don’t need to resort to these steps.

2 Likes

Any update on this? ??

Hi there MedBob, please take note of how old a thread is before replying on it. It’s always best to make a new thread if the original is more than a month old.

We don’t currently have tracking on this issue. Please can you report it on the bug forum here:

Closing thread.