Ultrawidescreen Support 32:9 without black border

Will the resolution 3840x1080 ever be supported?
so that at least the entire screen is displayed, without the black border left and right. It’s not necessary to get higher FOV, but please support the resolution so that the entire screen is displayed.
For all ppl with 32:9 widescreen ratio
best wishes
Tamara♥

6 Likes

There is only one way to support 32:9 with locked FOV without black borders - it is to stretch image almost twice horizontally. Which messes with your aim because your horizontal projection of movement is also scaled twice

2 Likes

lmao wut?
There are people who enjoy stretched graphics and pumpkin heads?
Possibly your monitor offers such a stretch feature, check the buttons and the manual. Or the gfx driver.

1 Like

if i play with 2560x1080 its very streched, not really playable…
i do not understand why overwatch keep ignoring 32:9 ratio while almost all games even very old ones about 15 years even support 3840x1080.
welcome in 2k19 blizzard, wake up

2 Likes

Can you imagine a market share for 32:9 monitors?

because if supported they would obviously offer an unfair advantage over users of normal monitors.

but they also fit the resolution 3440x1440 for 21:9 monitors…so why not do the same for 3480x1080, i just want to use full screen, i dont care about more fov. and streching is no option.

1 Like

after numerous posts you still do not understand the issue?
You are what? 6 year old?

You might not care about the fov, yet this doesn’t make the implications go away.

Maybe they will add the support of ultrawides at some point in the future, but not doing that had merit for a competitive game like OW wants to be.

1 Like

yes exactly a 6 year old can buy a samsung c49hg90 …
oh and css or cs: go is not comp? right? thats why they support “new” resolutions
i know i cant do anything against the people who just stayed in 2001,
so have fun on your 15 inch CRT monitor

3 Likes

just accept the fact that not all games support weird hardware for balance reasons and that you spent money on a piece of hardware you can’t properly use with this game.

1 Like

Probably not.
Blizzard will only cater for the majority, unfortunately.

the Majority sucks!! they buy lame hardware :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They already said they weren’t adding support for it because it gives an unfair advantage to those who dont have ultrawide.

Completely backwards but it takes long enough to get anything at all into this game so it’ll probably appear in 4-5 years

fortunately, not all developers see it that way, otherwise there wouldnt be any game which support 32:9 ratio
And I think that’s why there are ultrawide monitors so you can see more, immerse yourself more in the game, and get a better experience
but yea, i already accepted blizzard keep sticking around 2001 and dont go with new tech

1 Like

its not sticking with 2001, its rather not catering to a tiny minority and giving crappy ultrawide 1080p monitors an advantage over 99.99% of players.

1 Like

Just why they will spent a resources adding a feature to literally 100 people in the game which takes as much time as a feature to at least a half player base?
And again, you \ll never get FOV more than 103 for competitive reasons. 21*9 is kinda supported via stretching the image, bit strethcing it even 1.5 times more i weird.
your monitor is awesome for work. It also supports splitting it, so play it 18/9 and you can have 2 generic screens on the left and right where you can watch whatever you want

Ultrawide really isn’t that tiny of a minority anymore. 21:9 is getting more and more common. Overwatch is literally the only modern game I’ve installed that doesn’t support it, including plenty of other competitive games.

2 Likes

These balance arguments and market share arguments are ridiculous considering the amount of titles that support super ultrawides, including competitive titles.

1 Like

Which competitive titles?

CS:GO, PUBG, Fortnite, Rocket League and Dota… All support 32:9

2 Likes