Undocumented misleading change on Hitmarkers

Hello everyone,
I’d like to talk about the changes brought by the latest patch 1.34.0.1 that features an undocumented change to hitmarkers, that make them somewhat misleading compared to before.

Now the size of the cross that appears when you land a shot will depend of the damage dealt (the health lost by the enemy) and no longer the original damage of the projectile that landed, even if the enemy was low life.

What does it mean ?
Let’s say you’re playing Ashe and you’re shooting at a 200 HP target like Ana.
You land a first headshot, everything is fine you get the big red cross with the headshot sounds giving you the feedback that you did well, then you proceed to the second shot (Ana has 30 HP left), and you land a second headshot : you only get only a small red cross, which is misleading because you landed your big headshot so you end up confused, especially because before that patch you would have had the big red cross.
(I took Ashe as an example, but it is the same with every other characters, like Widow or Hanzo if your target has low HP left, and it is the same for bodyshots, but because they deall less damage, the change is less visible)

So in conclusion, your hitmarkers were constant before the patch, regarless of your target’s remaining health, and now, since the Baptiste patch, your hitmarkers size depends of the target’s remaining health, making them misleading (it happens when it is the kill shot). And I couldn’t find any information on that change in the patch note.

Could we get an option to choose the old hitmarker display ?

1 Like

Either way, 2 headshots from Ashe equals dead Ana.

1 Like

yeah I dont know why you care that much - it’s probably undocumented because it’s such a minor change, and for you to notice it (not a dis), it means you play this game way too much

I said why I cared : because it makes the hitmarkers unreliable when you kill someone, they differ from one kill to another when they shouldn’t.

And if the only commentary you have about it is that I would play too much, well keep your trolling commentaries for yourself, it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

1 Like

Isn’t there a sound indicator and a kill feed indicator to let you know someone’s died?

I’m not trolling, just making a simple point - Something that small and unnoticeable really doesn’t matter unless your a bangout sniper main

There’s also the target … you know … being dead.