Unexpected server error occured. Unexpected server error occured

2 times in a row, was winning with my reddit lucio plays but somethings disconnecting me??? Getting angry rn im gonna play NA and see if its an EU issue. better have 180 ping than disconnect every game

2 Likes

I’ve recently been receiving these after the most recent update. Cant even log in most the time to the EU server from the UK.

i have the same problem and idk where to post about it (or how T_T

1 Like

So is the servers in eu down??

Having the same problem, tried to switch to the US servers but the same problem occurred (eu player)

Problems with server also. Anyone knows when it will be back on again?

I have same problem all day. Can`t Log in. Unexpected error all day.

Same issue here. Unexpected server error occured - can’t login in any region.

They are aware of and working on it: → [Main Thread] - Unexpected server error - #38 by Drakuloth - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

2 Likes

I have the same problem. was in a comp game, got disconnected, and now cant log in anymore. strange because my GF can still log in. but she wasn’t playing at the time.

happend 15 min ago to me.

Same here,

Just spend the last hour updating reinstalling overwatch and updating windows.
No luck so far, must be on Blizzards end…

It is Blizzard, read back two posts from @iROQ.

I just got kicked out of server, then it said 2000 in queue…

and now it failed to connect… woopie

1 Like

“Game Server Connection Failed…Retrying.” :frowning:

Hi there,

Thanks for the reports!

There was indeed a wider issue around this time (the OP is actually rather old, but referring to when the thread was resurrected). We also disabled competitive play around the time to limit the impact on ranked games.

Things should already be back to normal by now though, and as always the best place to keep an eye out for potential service issues would be our Twitter @BlizzardCS or @BlizzardCSEU_EN

I’ll close the thread here so it doesn’t get necro’d again, and any future issues should be reported in their own thread.

Apologies for the disruption and best of luck with the matches now!