Unplayable with 6-7 heroes banned, weak move Blizz

First time posting here, but man, these pools with 6 or 7 heroes banned are stupid, all games are the same, same heroes (tracer/pharah/ashe, maybe doomfist)… Nothing to counter tracer, same thing over and over again. Completely unplayable with this many heroes banned, make it 2-3 most, or do a poll before the game, so players can choose what heroes to ban off the match. What we have this week is stupid AF, won’t be coming back until it’s over and this might actually make me quit this once and for all, if you keep repeating these mistakes.

1 Like

Hero pool has to deleted. Noone having fun right now

3 Likes

There will always be counters left for the heros, just be creative and don’t stick to 1 counter. I like the hero pools makrs the game more fun and NON META :smiley:

great time to enjoy pharmercy to its fullest with half of its counters being banned from hero pool XD

first it was this 2 2 2 thingy and now this hero pool . alot of my friends left when they introduced queue thingy and now leftover few are getting pissed by hero pool thingy . hero pool might look great in owl but it surely doesnot suit normal players

1 Like

I am not against banning 2 of each class (only 1 support until we get another new support character).

That is not what happened this week, however. This seems to have been just trolling the players by eliminating almost all opposition to Pharah. It is laaaaaaammmee.

The concept is good, even switching up how many of each class is fine with me but banning all but 1 hitscan character, thereby opening wide the door to their natural enemy is not fun or smart.

Long story short - I had a peak in previous season of 2746 SR. I lost 700 SR after that. Then, yesterday, after a month and half I got back into Platinum again with Ashe, Reaper most of the time.

Hero bans are fine. In matter of fact, they are a bit educational.

2 Likes

they are not fine . many people have invested their time effort and energy in becoming better or pro in a hero . banning them for even a second is stupid useless and uncalled for .
hero pool looks good in overwatch league but not in real game .we are not some robots .

1 Like

One of the first rule of OW is that you’re not a onetrick but you should be able to play different heroes. Your main doesn’t work in any map or comp, the fact you pick your main anyway make me think you throw. You’re playing competitive, in a competitive environment it’s important to win not to do whatever you want. You as a teammate should work with your team and find a good comp to win and change when things are not going well.

Also hero pool is for competitive only, it’s one mode you have the rest of the mode which are totally without limits.

Hero pool push people to learn other hero. I play often with a main Widow/Mccree/Sombra, this week she’s trying Mei and Zarya, she realise she’s actually a good Zarya, she only played Dva before. So now this player can also play Mei or Zarya apart her old main, she’s actually a better teammate. It’s actually interesting stuff.

Since hero pool I feel people are more competitive, it looks like old OW. Maybe because people like you aren’t playing. It’s been years since my team don’t care about the meta and it end up with original weird comp that somehow works, cool stuff.

yeah there are more throwers and poor piss matches in competitive since hero pools came and no there is no rule that you need to play all the heroes . you made that rule yourself . old ow didnot had these stuff that we have now .

So after being away from OW few weeks if not longer, I decided to go play some, when I saw which heroes are out of rotation, I decided to cancel that, totals non-sense.

I already knew what heroes would be played. I guess this experimenting is limbo time for OW2, still if you wanna have chance to revive OW or make OW2 success in it’s current design, you cannot have queue times that long. It’s still my main reason for leaving the game or at least only playing every now and then. I even find myself play games that I don’t enjoy as much I enjoyed OW, simply because I don’t have to sit in queue for ~10min, top it off with someone leaving and you have to re-queue, that’s 20mins of time wasted, that is simply not acceptable, ever.

Still only balancing game around OWL, if that’s the primary cash influx that OW has, there’s no hope. There’s more and more actual FPS shooters coming out that are just doing the FPS counter part better in so many ways, I cannot deny the fact that I do like OW team-based format very much, it’s only the thing that brings me back to OW even if it no longer makes me sticks to it.

That is their problem. No one defines rules based on people who decide to limit themselves.

1 Like

DELETE HANZO , MEI, DOOMFIST,HAMSTER INSTEAD OF BANNING SAME HEROES EVERYWEEK.

BUT BELIEVE ME IF YOU REMOVE HALF OF HEROES THEY LL FIND TO COMPLAIN ANOTHERS TILL YOU REMOVE ALL OF HEROES IN THE GAME SO.

I HATE YOU AND HATE YOU AND HATE YOU TO DO THAT STUPID HERO POOL.

YOU ARE DESTROYING PEOPLE FUN.

BELOW GM THERE IS NO META.

PEOPLE PLAYS WHATEVER THEY WANT .

YOU ARE JUST THINKING ABOUT OWL PLAYERS makes sense!

1 Like

like i said not everybody is a robot like you . many people have invested their time to get better at a character . stopping them from playing a certain character is uncalled for .it is like saying you got a degree for doctor .now be an engineer for a week .

1 Like

you can be good with a hero without being an otp.

1 Like

yeah good is not enough in competitive matches

still better than an otp who eats sh&t to the bitter end once properly countered.

apparently its not enough for alot of people and you get kicked from the team so no it has not worked for alot of people . the quality of matches has gone down .hero pool looks good in owl ,not in real game .
you cant expect your game players to play like owl players . it is as stupid as expecting every soccer fan to play like messi in real life .

There is literally McCree/x(Ashe) DPS combo every single game.