Using an external screen makes my laptop go into sleep mode

Hi,

I saw this issue multiple times on Overwatch forums, but none of the fixes offered have helped me so far, so here we go…

I am playing on a laptop, and bought an external screen last week which I connected with an HDMI cable. Everything seems to be working fine, however, when I play Overwatch games, my laptop randomly enters deep sleep mode.

As the person reported in this post (Overwatch Forums) I’m pretty sure this isn’t linked to any overheating. I never get that issue without an external screen so I guess it’s linked to the use of it.

I created a new power plant, tried playing with the hood closed or open, but so far nothing seems to have fixed the issue and I am running out of idea. Overwatch seems to be the only game causing issue, which is why I’m posted here. On the Windows event log, the only events I get at the time of the “entering sleep mode” are
svchost (4004,G,98) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.

However, I am not sure what this is, if it is really linked or how to disable it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice evening,
Amélie