WARNING! Two players you should avoid | Edited

WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE IS USED- I deeply apologize

I was playing with my friend yesterday. We had a great time.
The last game for the night, we got into a game with very toxic boys. At first, they didn’t say much, but one of them started to comment on my friend’s gameplay which was the main tank, and he did everything right by protecting the team with his shield (including me as the main support) and this guy started to get toxic. (He played Zarya, and I had no clue what he did, but he blamed the main tank over his own actions. Very adult-like am I right?)

Then I said “Please don’t be toxic” in voice chat, and I was very polite. His other friend started to attack me by saying “STFU you dumb hoe” very aggressively like I hurt his feelings. but what I really did was to try to calm the toxicity down and be kind.
I apologized and repeated myself "Just please, don’t be toxic. That’s the only thing I said". Then both of them screamed and yell at me sayingSTFU you stupid slut, STFU you stupid hoe, stfu you dumb bitch, you dumb hoe”. Like I had no right to say anything to defend my friend or keep it friendly in voice chat.

I deeply apologize for using such bad language in this forum, but I can’t just let this go and let them do whatever they want.
I also understand that most of the people are very toxic after years of playing since Beta, but I have never met anyone this toxic before. And therefore I just wanted to warn you all about these two legendary hardcore venom spitters.
I also did my part by reporting them both but then again, this is just a warning for you fellow overwatch players.

Now I am not saying that you should go out there and yell at them for what happened in case you get into a game with them, just be careful, ok?

I hope the day treats you all well, and happy comping!

Edit
I removed the names of the players, with respect to not spread toxicity.
Still, I know OW is trying to prevent players like that, but they get away so easily!
I am sorry to hear all level of toxicity you have encountered. Please use this lil thread to share your experience! I would love to read them all!

4 Likes

I mean good on you for reporting these people, but we can’t just punch a name in and avoid someone without being matched with them somehow.

players like that need to be removed from game so reporting them no matter how many times it takes will eventually led to them no longer able to play due to their own behavior. I have encountered similar issues with other players on comp having ago at me so i left comp for that reason.

3 Likes

I know! I just wrote this to warn everyone who gets matched up with these two. Just in case <3

I wish we could pre-avoid!

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience with these two players, but I think it’s against rules to write other players names in the way you did.

Not sure about this but I think that’s first to avoid any negative reactions from other players that meet those two, there is a lot of players with same in-game name, so somebody could be toxic/aggressive towards wrong person.

That could continue the toxic environment that these two players started.

You can find on Overbuff a couple of players with same name as the 1st player’s name that you mentioned.

I assume that you did this post with best intentions and you did what you could in-game, report them and block them.

Hopefully you’ll get non-toxic games moving forward, good luck.

1 Like

actual it is not just those two players who are like that, i keep encountering players that are more badly behavior yet they get away with it and it is like the company don’t care about there games.
some of these negative players have gone from console to pc which is annoying because they are afking, smurfing and trolling too much.

1 Like

This was a wise choice. Keeping their names was an indirect call to action for people to be rude to them without any reason except a post.

well sad part is those toxic player probly repoted both you and now soon you get supended for them abusing report system .

game like that is 90% of game i am in so just avoid them all you can do real . if you start giving them post like this they just going keep doing it and blizzard just remove report system complitely and give us avoid system instand if you ask me .

Animetic has a very effective treatment for such players: on the first sign of toxicity, she immediately blocks the player from her voice chat. This is the kind of verbal abuse you can do without.

1 Like

I am very sorry to hear that you had to experience that.

You are not alone though. Sadly…

As a female player I have over the past 2 years playing encountered quite a few horrible people. Expecially males who clearly have issues with women. Luckily most of them are very dumb and without any reason for acting the way they do, so it’s easy not to take them too seriously when they scream “you f***ing slut” or “shut up cunt” at you.

But I have also had 1 really really bad experience in game where it was very clear that a guy just straight out hated women. The second I just said hello in voice and he heard I was female, he just went off “who you saying hello to you bitch” and then continued the whole match with saying horrible things to me and about me and also not doing anything else but watch what I was doing the entire match so he could point out everything I did wrong. Even when I left when the match was over, and we were getting cards, he was still going at me with his “oh you little self righteous girl, I bet you wanna cry now right, you derserve it you are worth nothing”. It was so bad that even my teammates were trying to comfort me and telling him off, but he just wouldn’t stop.

I know I should have left voice or blocked him but I didn’t do that unfortunately. I guess I was so shocked I didn’t think straight, and I tried to defend myself, but ofc without anything resonating, he was too far gone. It was so bad I actually cried after. The only time that happened to me. Mostly coz I got so angry and sad that people like that actually are out there and that I felt so frustrated and powerless that couldn’t face him irl and tell him off. I left the game for 6months after that…And now, after I came back I always just say “shut up and goodbye” and mute or leave voice when people act toxic and call me or any other teammate names ect.

Players like this need their accounts closing.

Sadly, I can give you first hand experience of a similar issue, involving racist players.

I posted about it on the NA forums. I got a 1000 year (perma) silence and had my account banned for a week (apparently that was disruptive game play). Appon appeal I was greeted by every wall Blizzard could put up with me.

In short, report them (nothing will happen) but it is all you can do, because they will punish you for speaking out.

You see, this is thread is example that I have problem with.

You say that he was “main tank and did nice job protecting team” and here I am thinking “you should also be able to eliminate whole team with Reinhardt ultimate as Reinhardt” or at least eliminate few opponents because that is something a tank should be able to do. Assuming that main tank that you refer here is Reinhardt because in my opinion, there are no main tanks in Overwatch. Just heroes that solve certain problems.

Now, I am not saying that the way these people went on you is nice. It’s definitely not nice but I don’t think you just “being polite” does much or any good if you are not doing what you actually can do or should do. You or the other tank.

That being said, this thread is pretty much like “Believe me, they were toxic and I am polite” and you are probably going to get some likes for that but no one knows what has actually happened because competitive matches are not won because someone is polite or toxic. They are won because you do what you should and you play better than other team, regardless of being nice or toxic.

It’s cool that you are polite but I cannot act dumb and assume that their frustration has no basis or it is not well placed. However, I cannot know for sure what actually happened and at least, I won’t take the “polite side” just because it’s nice and not real or objective.