What am I doing wrong?

I’ve played the game a lot over the last few weeks and the matchmaking is outrageously off. I have people dropping out of the team, people deliberately throwing, abusive people…it has become such a miserable experience to play. My score has plummeted as a result and I really feel that the game has lost its fun and competitive edge due to the terrible matchmaking and the smurfs, etc.
Any advice on how I can change this terrible luck or start to enjoy the game again?

These things are always pretty prevalent in games at Christmas. And even more so in a game like OW where it is very socially dependant.

As an individual there is isn’t much you can do,just focus on what you want to get out of the game.

If it’s having fun, find some like minded souls to play with and do your thing.

If it’s grinding those improvements and climbing. Find a duo partner and just focus on what you bring to the team and how you can make micro improvements from match to match.

Focusing too much on what others are up to will only lead you to more frustrations.

Hey Cloud,

Leavers are a big issue in this game. There was a decent season that wasn’t too bad but it’s reverted back to being a very common problem. You do get people who throw also but that doesn’t happen too often. It’s a pity that Blizzard only allows for 3 blocked slots, as the opportunity to block leavers/throwers/toxic trait players would be ideal.

Unfortunately being a solo player, you’re at the mery of the matchmaker. Very rarely will you find a fair match on this game :smiley: Pity you weren’t around for the original OW.

1 Like

This is quite frankly untrue.

I play 90% of my games solo, and it is rare a game isn’t “fair”.

Your opinion vs mine.

I am sure OP can take from it what he/she wants. OP can also review our profiles to see our posts/comments to see which one provides the most validity in what is said, if he/she so much as cares.

The difference is, I don’t go around saying this is “untrue” without factual evidence.

1 Like

But you do make the initial claim “without factual evidence”. So, I can do the same.

1. Get on discord, find teammates and make game more of a social entrtainment.
  2. Mentally accept loss before the match and focus on something else rather than winning. E.g. sometimes I train interesting D.Va bombs spots - I’m gonna achieve result of that no matter of the game outcome or a thrower.
  3. If you really enjoy competition and improving, then you can make little spreadsheet to track and analyse things. It’s quite fun. Make different columns of what you did good, what you did wrong, which characters you faced and who you struggled against. You will naturally come to conclusions on how to play better. It’s so much more efficient and memorable, rather than taking all those tips from “pro” players. With enough info and good Excel skills, you literally can track anything: from map winrates to heroes you lost most of your games to.
  4. Change game mode. I know some people spending most of their time in deathmatch or custom games, and only barely touching main modes. Personally, I’m 2cp and ctf lover, any time those modes are available, I’m trying to play them as much as I can. They require very different strategies and it’s quite fun.
1 Like