What are your opinions on Juno

What are your opinions on juno?

In my opinion her mobility feels almost clunky, like I didnt expect her flight have almost 0 vertical mobility, or which is only created by her double jump ability.
I feel as though her flight should work as a toned down echo. Or just remove the vertical hold. It feels wierd.
Additionally (Skill issue here), I feel like its hard to hit fast moving allies, like maybe set the the bullets with 2 hitboxes, a slightly larger ally healing hitbox and a smaller enemy kill hit box, this seems like it would make healing allies easier.
Their multi target seems alright, as although its low damage it hits a lot of people, and I think has minor splash damage.
I also have no issue with her speed ring, although i keep looking down as though i am rammatra with his shield. Her ult is pretty cool though.
I think in the right hands she can do a lot of healing and support, I dont see her as a threat when in a fight.

Opinions from you?

Played 1 match (itā€™s far too damn hot here for gaming).

Big thumbs up.

I think this is going to be a big part of the skill ceiling for her. Like Kiri.

In low ranks, a lot of times he ult use wil be low value almost useless. Iā€™m high ranks, it could be a fight winner.

Yea, I dont fully understand it but I see it as :
Beam from the heavens that slowly moves across the map and enhances the speed of allies?

Yeah, if you coordinate and combine with something like maybe EMP I can see it being a quick fight win.

Does the movement correlate to the facing direction of Juno? as i can see it being used similar to kitsune where you use it to push into the enemy lines. It would be cool if it dealt damage to enemies as its a literally beam from space

The 1 time I used it. It certainly seemed like that was the case.

I can say that I see the appeal, but she isnt for me personally. (My aim is beyond bad and I only get by through by using low aim heroes, high spread heroes, or fast shootin heroes

Yeah I do think she is going be a high skill ceiling hero because of the aim required. Like a Tracer and such.

Her ult, with Lucio speed boostā€¦ with Rein Reaper Meiā€¦ Could be a pretty fun brawl comp. (if the speed boosts stack).

i like game style and play. She moves a lot and harder to heal, looks a bit nerfed version. I hope they buff a bit everything, especially ultimate, since it is meh.

and i hope she get legendary nice skin without her astronaut suite.

Sheā€™s the most fun Iā€™ve had with a healer since I first tried Lucio back in 2016 (and to this day Lucio remains the healer I have most fun playing with). Iā€™d say right now it could be the honeymoon phase, I used to like Moira for a time and then got bored of her after a few months. I donā€™t know how itā€™ll turn out with Juno, but for now sheā€™s genuinely fun to play.

Then again, this is coming from someone who never plays Ranked. So take this with a grain of salt. I donā€™t mean anything in regards to how effective she is. Iā€™m merely referring to how fun she is to play from a ā€˜casualā€™ perspective. I also like her voice, sheā€™s bubbly and fun, she reminds me a bit of Tracer actually, in terms of personality, a bit of sass, gentle; and of course visually I like her design, sheā€™s cute, big eyes (like Tracer, too). She looks like an anime toon set within the artstyle of Overwatch, really. I also really liked the music they made for her in the trailer.

So all in all I think they nailed it with this new support hero.

Are you finding her movement abilities a little clunky to use?

Or is that a skill issue on my part lol.

Personally no I donā€™t find her controls to be clunky to use.

In fact, it reminds me a lot of Echoā€™s movement. If you double-jump with Juno and keep space bar pressed she glides in a very similar fashion to Echo, same with Echoā€™s flight / movement boost, I think both Juno and Echo share a very similar style of movement.

If you play Echo I think youā€™ll be fine with Juno. Iā€™d go as far as to say that if you find Junoā€™s movement clunky to use just ā€œwarm upā€ back with Echo, and then go back to Juno and maybe like me youā€™ll notice the similarities. Then again maybe itā€™s just me. But my perception is that Junoā€™s movement / controls are responsive, sheā€™s doing exactly what I expect her to do with the controls, etc. Maybe also youā€™ll have to adjust your controls sensitivities with Juno specifically.

1 Like

Fair. So defintely a my issue, need to work on my skill problem

Yes

Personally she shares the glide ability, that is IT. mercy and pharah also have that ability, I just dont like her flight, its very horizonal with no vertical, which works with pharah where its a quick ability, but for extended abilites should add vertical abilities like echo and dva

I think she is well balanced and lots of fun. Who knew they could launch a balanced hero! how will they sell any skins!
She has nice synergies with several tanks: Zarya bubbling or DVA matrixing your missile launch during your ult is nice. Speed with queen and Rein is also working well.
Her armor and mobility are essentially her self healing, and also her ult does in a pinch.
Once you get her tech down better its amazing what you can do on some if the maps particularly if they have sloped/curved buildings/roof tops as you can thrust into them to go higher up.

You can get a lot of vertical with her boot boost, its like a genji double jump especially if you use objects to stand on then go again and shift into slopes for more height.
If you watch any steamers? Watch Yeatle playing her he already has her tech down.
Her skill cap is actually pretty high.

On Xbox. I missed being able to hold LT as an alternative to holding A for slow fall. Have this ability on Echo so that you can use slow fall when the dmg ability is on cooldown.

Just a little feedback for Juno from a player that averages around 80+ Ping. Her primary fire to hit enemies is inconsistent between the latency and the 10-round burst. So unless itā€™s a really large target, landing shots seem quite ineffective. But thatā€™s just from my perspective, I donā€™t know if others are experiencing a similar issue. An easy fix to this would be a drop in bolt count for an increase in bolt damage.

1 Like