What happened with this community? :)

Been having a blast with Apex Legends for the past month, just came back to do some placements in this game and holy moly. I’m at a loss of words; the toxic attitude and hostility from people who are supposed to be teammates is actually insane! It isn’t that every single person is negative in behaviour, but it is the magnitude of the hostility of those who actually are negative which astounded me.

There’s also a malfunctioning correlation between what they are angry about, and how angry they get. For example I have never in my life seen someone so angry over a single persons pick, let’s say a Brigitte. The Brigitte may not be having the greatest game of their lives, but they are contributing. However the angry players get angry to such a degree that they viciously attack a player, shouting him down over voicecoms, telling him to kill himself in real life, wishing him cancer etc.

Mind you that this is ca. 3k rating, so people here haven’t exactly mastered anything about their heroes, and the vast majority of people still have flaws on this rating, be it gamesense or positioning, mechanical skill and what not, and still they manage to somehow ignore all of this, and simply deduct that Brigitte is bad therefore we attack him.

The above was just an example, and only representative of what usually happens.

But my God, over my 10+ years of gaming in multiple genres I have actually never witnessed such high blood pressure and rage in any game I’ve ever previously played. If this is representative then this game contains arguably the most toxic playerbase in the gaming industry.

3 Likes

oh that is new to u?let me tell u a story of how i got to silver on my first(or was it second) season from half way into diamond.most of the times ppl saw my pick and would leave the game(this before the match ending patch if player left before one minute mark) cost me tons of sr(had bad interweb and got disconected a ton so that didnt help either but still would’ve reached low golds) and even if i did end up carrying 5v 6 i would still be harrassed for being a thrower.toxicity has always been there, specially at the edges of ranks.ppl want that shinny badge and get tilted fast, everyone is being a try hard and a single mistake “cost u the game”

1 Like

Dont worry, you will get it too in future apex. OW had great community when it started too.

got here 2 late then

blizzard is at fault.
They gag, shut down and suppress people(s voices) on many occassions by their very oppressive in- and out of game community policies, so when people vent their anger its more severe than it would be otherwise. Also, the venting gotta be well covered up in order to evade direct sanctions, so we see all sorts of subtle destructive behavior going on in this game.

1 Like

They also depend on a AUTOMATED system that will silence people for the smalles thing and they also lisens to lies that many players reports on…

For me about 1 month a go i got silenced for calling out my team beeing a group of throwers and the enemy team and no challange what so ever… and the funnies this is, this was not even a quick play game or competitive, this was around the first or second week of when the Paris map got out.

I litteraly got silenced for saying “GG given win, you guys had no challange from my team what so ever cause they where litteraly throwing the entire time” something like that is what i wrote and 2-3 mins later i got the message that i had been reported for Abusive chat.

yeah their automated bully system is a different topic on its own.

1:HideChat
2:Dont Join Voice
3:Play with your heart
3,5 : Profit.

Thats the only way to play this game,there is so much abuse in chat and on voice that believe me,after 900 hours played because i like the game and this game is not my sole purpose in life,hide chat and dont join voice.epix.

completly fuking agree

You need more than a 5-6 reports to get silenced/suspended for abusive chat.

If you got silenced it’s most likely because you were reported often before, you need 100 reports for any action. You even probably got a warning that you got reported a lot, you know the giant orange message, you kept being toxic and you got silenced.

When I got silenced I never received a warning before I got it happened.
The only warnings I gotten before have been from someone avoiding as team m8.
and that has only happend 2 or 3 times if I recall correctly.

Do you have any source of that “you need 100 reports for any action” sentence? Just curious where it says so.

It’s been known for a long time now, I don’t have the official source but I’ve seen the number used on countless occasions on the US forums.

Edit: After searching more I still can’t find the original source and found a few posts of people saying it’s BS so I guess we can dismiss the specific number but my point still stands, you don’t get suspended for a single game.

I actually don’t care if it’s 100, just wanted to see a response. But agreed, you won’t get suspended after a single game.

Lol yeah, after about 8 months of playing this game, today i thought, let me do my placements…
Well after one placement i was done again…

I was solo healing (ofcourz) and i got a mess from a widow that he would report me for throwing becuz he died all the time thnx to me not healing (read"babysit) him the entire game…

I was like oke why did i even think things would change? Stupid me right?

Oh lets not forget the 2 leavers at round 1… what a suprise… lol… dont know why this is still a thing after all these years… but oke…

well that was 1 game in 8 mnths… and im good for another 8 months and more break…