What is it with Metal Ranks giving up when the 1st Round is not perfect?

Another Match another not so good 1st Round, we had good fights but did not hold full & they had slightly below 2 mins advantage.

Normal Brainfunctions would tell you that this is completely doable with a little adjustment.
But this is Metal … so the Moment the Doors opened for our Attack i see my Tank and both DPS run into 3 different Directions.

Me and the other Supp actually had a “wth” moment and just stared at each other for a moment in disbelief.
So to Catch kinda up we had to Adjust and went high mobility supps to atleast prevent them from solo Feeding.
Anyone who ever played OW knows where this ended and atleast it was over fast.

… is this a Mentality thing ?
or a pure Weekend thing maybe ? (I can only play weekends due time, life etc.)
are They Actually throwing to get it dine quicker ?
is this just the lack of comms in Metal Ranks ?

I am Actually Confused by this behaviour.

GL & HF Gamerz !

I feel you, and I can just confirm that what you are saying is true.
This is why I find comp in OW too frustrating because there are way too many aspects that are out of your control, making it impossible to win a lot of games.

My theory, is that the matchmaking system can’t be working as intended, because it would lead to basically empty brackets.

It’s rigged to keep the majority in certain ranks to avoid just that.

It’s scummy and detrimental to the game.

There will never be a perfect matchmaker, but there are ways to make it far better than it currently is. The problem is that they don’t want to cater to anyone below t500…

It’s not rigged. That isn’t a thing. It’s just simplistic.

This I totally agree with.

1 Like

So, let me ask you this. If i told you that other games use rigged matchmakers, would you still say that it’s not rigged? Because it’s actually widespread in the FPS scene these days.

Even a former creative director for the original 3 Call of Duty Modern Warfare games exposed the system in a youtube interview.

There is no SBMM, there’s only EOMM, which means the system and its developers are lying to us. If we had actual SBMM there wouldn’t be these insanely one-sided matches, and people would not be stuck in bronze-gold etc. EOMM is the worst of the two, where it doesn’t care whether you’re high rank or low rank. It uses AI algorithms to match you against either players with a higher win-rate to knock you down a few pegs and to keep you in your current rank, or it matches you with players with a much lower win rate if you start losing too many matches.

Nothing about the OW2’s matchmaker is skill based. It’s rigged to keep a large portion of the player base in the lower ranks where the majority is, in order to prevent a mass exodus of players from low ranks to higher ranks such as diamond-gm.

You’re gaslighting too hard at this point.

“In conclusion, while most game developers aim to create fair and balanced matchmaking systems, the complexity of these systems and the business goals behind them can sometimes lead to perceptions of rigged matchmaking. The transparency and fairness of matchmaking algorithms remain hot topics in the gaming community.”

Other games don’t.

Again misuse of this word. But if you think I am here… then you are too by trying to convince people of foul play.

1 Like

There you go! Thanks for sharing it.