What kind of heroes would you like to see ?

Hello !
yesterday, I’ve talked about the kind of maps you would like to see added to the game.
Now, I want to do the same with heroes !
I’m not talking about the gameplay tho, only about the primary concept, the archetype, and eventually the weapon(s).

Personally, I would loove to see added :

• a Highlander type of hero with a claymore, something similar to Mccloud
  • a druid type of hero with a crossbow
  • a mage-like hero, with a staff and everything.

I know those are mostly fantasy type heroes, but we already got a few of archetypes that have been changed to be in this sci-fi world :

• Brigitte is a paladin
  • Sigma is kind of a mage
  • Sombra is an assassin, etc

so, what archetypes would you like to see added to Overwatch ? let me know about your propositions !
thanks for reading my nonsense :smile:

2 Likes

Way back there was this “leak” regarding a character who uses drones. Like you deploy them and can control them but your own character is vulnerable, same as junkrat’s tire but as basic abilities.

Interesting !
Yeah, a drone-type of hero would be a good addition to the game
And I think we could mix it with another archetype : the oracle-like hero (from Batman)
a very intelligent hero, but paralyzed and in a wheelchair (and since we’re in overwatch, it would be antigrav)

So Junkrat’s ult? Can’t wait for one of my teammates to stand in spawn the entire match.

How about another melee character? We could have a couple more builder-type heroes.

JK let me get 3 more snipers, a tank that can fly, and a support who recharges barriers.

Staying in spawn doesn’t mean the character cant have impact. A flying drone can have unmatched mobility. Imagine a Pharah but more nimble (also more squishy). A character like this will require a ton of skill to play properly.

listen, I’ve created this topic not to rant about anything, just to talk about what woud you like to see added to the game.
Another thing i’ve just thought about is : how about something a bit creepy ? not horror-game based of course, but someone (or something…) based on fear or terror ?

I know you’re not talking about gameplay, but that’s usually the first thing I consider with hero concepts. I’ll try to skimp over the gameplay though and describe how they’d look.

1, A flight simulator hero. This would be a flying omnic and I envision something sleek like the Phoenix from Starcraft 2. This omnic could also enter a hovering state where a powerful turret lowers down from under its belly to lay waste to the fools below. This is another feature/look borrowed from the Liberator unit from Starcraft 2.

2, A bipedal lady omnic triceratops tank,. This was a concept I had envisioned before Brig came out, so a lot of her gameplay overlaps with her. But basically she would be a melee support hero. :yum:

3, A sniper tank omnic which oddly enough would look like a futuristic hover tank with a giant anti-material rifle turret. It could project a barrier ahead of its body, but the turret would be able to aim independently of that in 360 degrees.

4, Okay, enough of the omnics… I also envision a hero who can enter a “channelling” animation state where she projects a transparent, invulnerable version of herself which the player then takes control of and can move and use within a certain radius. This would then force opponents to have to track down the “real” hero. Visually I’m thinking some sort of female assassin.

5, A support character with an energy flechette on each wrist which shoot rapid fire healing bolts. Maybe have fluorescent yellow / neon colours. I think she could be a cool support hero for the Australian post apocalyptic gang (Junk, Roadhog, Hammond, Junker Queen). She probably stole the healing tech from an Overwatch operation gone wrong or something.

She would be highly mobile and have healing output regulation. She could have a self destructive personality and be suicidal but her skills keep her and her buddies alive, even though she sounds disappointed to survive each battle.

Quote:
“You WILL be healed, whether you like it or not!”
disappointed sigh “I really thought our time had come.”

It’s not nonsense. These threads are infinitely more interesting than the countless troll/whiny/complaining threads that we get on here. :+1:

1 Like

As awful as this seems, dont you just want a hero that can take control of another player, for example on the enemy team. The other enemies wouldn’t know that you have infiltrated their teammate, and then the infected player would just say ‘hero takeover’ whilst the hero who cast the ability controls the character. They could use that heroes abilities and ultimate to attack the infected players teammates

Way too powerful. Suppose you are playing on a map with big hole in the middle (plenty of those unfortunately). This is an instant suicide. Hell, the way you describe it, it could also be an instant kill + suicide. Not to mention the complete outrage taking control of your character would cause. It’s going to be hell to design and even if they somehow pull it off it’ll be universally hated by everyone except trolls who will love it.

A mutant type hero with wall climbing abilities would be cool. Not sure if anyone in the Overwatch universe fits that role but it would be something different and interesting, maybe a toxic/poisonous spray or trap too, so the hero feels like a big bug/arachnid.

That could be cool. The xenomorph in AvP2 have a wall climbing mechanic and it worked well in that game. I’m sure they could come up with a cool omnic assassin design to fit with that.

Characters that have single target abilities and not AOEs.

Now that we think about that, Sigma is kind of the “scp” type of character.
Wouldnt it be cool to have more of those ?