What the hell is going on this season?

So I’m an EU fella working in the US so I’m almost always on NA servers, and this season I’ve noticed more leavers, throwers than ever before. At least 2-3 times during a 2 hour gaming session I see teams where 3-4 of their players just leave after losing the first round. It used to happen before but not to this degree.

Is it the same on EU servers?

4 Likes

dying game… no one cares about quitting/leaving or losing sr anymore… it is game over for overwatch…

3 Likes

Judging by your previous posts on the forums, you’re probably one of those types that also throws or leaves as soon as the going gets tough :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yep, happens on the EU servers too. Although, it’s been a lot more recently. Not sure if it’s down to people throwing or losing connection though.

Yeah yeah, the game is “dying”. It’s been dying for 3 years and it’ll be dying for many more to come.

Blizzard hasn’t done anything to fix competitive since launch, so it’s not surprising that the cracks have become bigger.

3 Likes

Blizzard has killed the holy trinity.

wow so many fanbois got triggered :rofl:

They responded, but sure “triggerd”.

I don’t see much difference in comp but QP starts becoming a jokefest, yesterday I had 5 games in a row with 6 DPS instalock and as of practicing ashe I just didn’t care to switch healer this time, guess no one did no wonder that we lost almost all. People just put in 0 effort, noone cares of obj just kills. The endorsement level does not help anything because everyone insta-endoreses 3 people these days for the extra XP and expecting themselves to be endoresed as well even in the worst games so Idk how is 4 end level any better than 1.

1 Like

No offense but arguing about quickplay is like arguing about the fact that not everyone is vegan. You’re completely wasting your time. Quickplay is a place with no rules, so going in with expectations is our own fault.

Victim blame and shame? Ah, you are a true gamer, my love, a true gamer.

Even though they seem to deny it, Blizzard has been having server issues lately resulting in alot of leavers and suspensions, since you for some reason can’t rejoin the game when Blizzard themselves throw you out. Has happened to me and almost everyone else I’ve talked to. Pretty grating when you essentially lost 75 SR since the game would’ve been a win but you got kicked out in the last minute and penalized with -50 SR and a suspension for 10 minutes.

1 Like

I have to say I see a lot more crashes and DC’s than normal lately.

1 Like

more throwers leavers, ttroll stacks, and why am i playing with people with no clasification???

Because they need to finish their placement matches, but their MMR is still close to that of yours. Just because their rank for this season shows as “-” doesn’t mean they don’t have one.

Same in NA servers, this season is weird.

Does anyone else notice that most disconnects and leavers happens right at the half way mark, between rounds? A lot of the time they come back within a minute or two, if it’s not actual throwing and a legit disconnect, but it’s just strange that most of them happen right as the first round ends.

This game is utter doodoo and should be avoided.

1 Like

That’s not true. I would say that some of Blizzards balancing decisions have been doodoo (think Brig release state, Hanzo rework, etc).

Overwatch is such a beautiful game, with so much potential which is just let down sometimes by bad balancing and players being toxic.

2 Likes