Why are players not permabanned for intentionally throwing?

I’ve had so many games where team mates are either deranking or tilting and then intentionally suicide (ie jumping off the map), it seems rather pointless to report them as nothing happens. and there does not seem to be anyway to escalate these incidents.

Could you not get community reviewers ? and offer these people some in game rewards to view and judge such cases ?

2 Likes

Because everyone thinks like that and noone reports them.

Reports are important and do have weight, though if players don’t report enough nothing will happen of course.
Sure they can’t share what they do exactly to the accounts, though reports still have weight on those users.

2 Likes

because jeff think throw its no so bad like toxic (permban for toxic, yes)

1 Like

I’ve reported people like this countless times and literally nothing happens, you don’t even get a notification saying your report has been actioned ? the enemy team won’t really care about throwers, and in some cases you have a 2 stacks suiciding, so 4 votes, yeah won’t mean anything and it basically comes down to that fact that you can hard throw games as long as you don’t do it consistently ?

2 Likes

because its not always just their fault (well, derankers are an exception). Team not working together as catalyst for all sorts of tilt would consequently have to be punished too for fairness.

You can’t be allowed to refuse teamwork and then point to the guy who ticks out about it, whining for consequences to him while pussying yourself out untouched.

I tilt sometimes and I throw sometimes, but that has always reasons in form of teammates being uncooperative asshats.

ive seen so many people say reports don’t work. they do, ive had 6 messages from blizzard after reporting six different people. what I tend to do is report them for a multitude of things, for example if they’re throwing I report them for inactivity, gameplay sabotage. if they’re also toxic, reported for toxicity/abusive chat as well. don’t forget you can also report replays.

also report people who are not on vc, who don’t counterpick properly.

You don’t know that.

People can jump off the map as a tactic to group up with the team again.

You don’t know what CS does, sure there are messages… though we never know if there’s a bug affecting those messages from coming in.

Also it’s still that same thought “reports don’t do anything” a single report won’t do anything, multiple will.

You don’t know what happens within the CS departement.

4 votes can have already a great effect, though the verdict is still up to CS since it’s hard to directly classify throwing outside of it being extremely blatant.

Also the enemy team can care, though you just assume they don’t.

If you don’t report. Nothing will ever happen.

Blizzard take a very long time to even look at it, and thats if they have enough reports.

Best bet is to just report and move on. Or join in. It makes no real difference either way.

Ah false reports! You know that is banable?

2 Likes

no, both can be filed under “gameplay sabotage”.

No they can’t. You can’t force somebody to play a hero that you want him to play. And when leaving vc is gameplay sabotage then why is there an option to leave vc in the first place? In the report menu it literally says: “Gameplay sabotage is not: Simpy making a mistake, playing poorly OR AN UNWILLINGNESS TO SWITCH HEROES”

3 Likes

if just the possibility and availability of something does justify its abuse, then why is jumping off a cliff which was deliberately put into the game considered reportable?

nobody cares about what these extremely vaguely described, non-policed reports say in their description. You can report whatever you want, and assumed the mob decides that you are being reportable, you get shafted under this broken stone age law - just so Blizzard can pocket few bucks more from savings on a properly sized GM staff…

Because its also a way to get environmental kills and it makes the game harder. There is no point in trying to compare a map feature to the voice chat.

Ok so you don’t care about what the reports are for you just report people for things you think are reportable. That’s the dumbest argument I have ever heard. You can’t just change the rules as you like that’s not how it works.

2 Likes

sure, because shielding yourself from team communications in a team game is plain and simple gameplay sabotage to me.

you cant force someone to talk. end of. if you want that level of communication to ave all sixx in voice chat than go find yourself 5 people to 6 stack with. you also don’t know the other person situation in their home. maybe they don’t want you guys to hear sh*t in the background. hell I sometimes don’t join vc cause I cant be bothered to deal with the community sometimes. still win those games as well. you cant force something like that onto someone

1 Like

yeah also can’t stop one reporting. end of.
If you can’t talk, you’re a liability.

Did you report yourself yet? Because playing symmetra in comp… you know… counterpicking and stuff…

of course you cant stop someone reporting, but if blizzard has to go through your false reports then its obvious why the people who actually should be banned aren’t

are you dumb? When symmetra doesn’t work, I counterpick.