Why Are Some Cosmetics Unavailable?

Some skins in are hidden in hero gallery.The only way to see them is by filtering and then you see some skins that should be visible.Like Halloween skins,summer skins,archives skins and so on.Why are these skins not visible and why cant we buy these skins?
Take Reinhardt’s conductor skin for example.
Its a winter skin.
Is it available?
No.
Like why?Why cant i buy this skin?
It makes no sense
Here is the full list of missing skins

D.va:Waveracer and Midnight
Orisa:Referee
Reinhardt:Conductor
Winston:Specimen 28
Wrecking Ball:Lúcio Ball and High Roller
Zarya:Polyanitsa and Snowboarder
Ashe:Tiger Huntress and Socialite
Bastion:Dragonfire and Omnic Crisis
Cassidy:Mountain Man,Deadlock and Ebony
Junkrat:Circus
Mei:Yeti Hunter
Pharah:Lifeguard
Torbjörn:Lumberjack
Tracer:Will O Wisp
Ana:Cabana
Baptiste:Funky
Brigitte:Feskarn
Lúcio:Gorgon
Mercy:Imp and Dragoon
Moira:Blackwatch and Scientist
Zenyatta:Toybot
The list might not be 100% accurate

2 Likes

Those might be only available through the shop?
Purely a guess here.

The game says currently unavailable.Nothing about a shop and I know those skins are not shop skins

1 Like

Then they’re seasonal.
Looking at that list, i can say that all of those are seasonal.
There are summer games ones, halloween terror, lunar new year and something that used to be known as archives but will be replaced with something else.

They’ve always only been available during their season, so you’ll just have to wait for them.

Makes sense but this brings up more questions in my mind.
Like why some seasonal skins are available but some are not.
Also 3 skins are not seasonal skins.
Imp Mercy,Yeti Hunter Mei and Ebony Cassidy is not seasonal.

1 Like

Some could be bugged even if most are not. But i do think that the yeti hunter is a seasonal one to some decree.

Greetings @Madurai, some skins are indeed hidden, the reason is, might be old, but that’s not the end of the World, some skins are already available through some event, so what u have to do is to wait and they all of them will be again available through some event.

The weird thing is these skins were available during season 1 but when credits returned these skins just vanished.

1 Like

Season one was also a bit of a transition period, predated by several months with “remix” events where everything was available.

So the skins being only available during their own events is merely a step back to the normal.
At least the old event skins should be available for credits during their events now, unlike in season 2 where only some skins from their events were available due to bugs.

As long as the old skins are available for the free credits during events, it’s already a big victory for the free player base.

Every single seasonal skin are available in the game other than the skins OP are mentioning. It’s very weird why these skins now in OW2 are “unavailable”. OW 0.9 at this point lol.

Those are available and the OP has probably written wrong

Those skins that the OP has mentioned that are unavailable are loot box skins. Those skins should be available all the time but at this point there’s no way of contacting Blizzards devs so they can fix the issues with many of these skins. OW 0.9 at this point when cosmetics randomly are unavailable lol.

1 Like

This thread was made a month ago, the situation has had time to change since.
Which is why replying to older threads is discouraged in the code of conduct.