Why can't Genji block the JunkerQueen's knife?

I was testing the beta in Overwatch 2 and trying to find out what can genji do with the new characters and I found that the knife of junkerqueen can penetrate genji while he is in Deflect mode . I think this thing should be changed and can at least block the knife

Only shields and bubbles can block it.

Genji can deflect the axe though (it’s initial damage, not the bleed though). I think there needs to be more he can’t deflect personally.

Why are you always against me brother xD ? im just poor genji main :upside_down_face:

Haha. I’m not. Is just like to see Genji have to think more about deflect. It’s a bit too easy.

1 Like

honestly i kinda agree, the knife is small enough to be regarded as a projectile, i think it’s more so the coding around it would just be a bit bothersome so they haven’t probably bothered with it just yet.

like it’s not just your standard affair projectile as it does have a recall function and a bleed and a stuck function and genjis reflect does reflect things, so should the projectile be reflected and what happens in that case? or should it just be blocked end of story?

i am surprised it doesn’t get blocked by reflect, makes JQ even more attractive in my eyes :slight_smile:

but it would be kinda cool if genji was able to reflect it into a teammate and you would be able to pull your own teammate with it after, but ofcourse the exception would be JQ herself, she would just pull the knife out of her own body as pulling ones self towards ones self wouldn’t make sense.

1 Like

I think should just do no damge to genji and fall back to the ground where genji aim