Why do people get so upset when you said you want to have fun playing?

I’m not trying any less hard to win… I just like to laugh at things, and I’m not going to cry about losing.

Defeats happen. If its because fun sponges like hackers and smurfs… just laugh at them for caring that much they have to “cheat” and report.

This comes from a game where someone told me I have to play quick play if I “want to have fun”… this came after he screamed (that hurt my ears) at me for not dropping when he told me… despite me saying I’m low and needed a bubble.

Anyways, irrelevant… its a video game… game being the key word. I want to win. I want to improve. But first and foremost, I want to enjoy playing. If that is a crime then this community is screwed.

4 Likes

I agree with this…

people who just get angry for no reason shouldn’t even play this game… i mean… if you just get angry (for example because someone wants to play a certain hero you don’t like), why are you even playing this game…??

Back in my day we played these 'ere vidya games on ENTERAINMENT SYSTEMS mhyes.

Anway, “jokes” aside, you’re doing it right.
Good luck and HAVE FUN in your future games!

because fun doesn’t exist in OW. If you’ve found it, tell me your secret please.

1 Like

I know I’m a newbie in here, but fun (and pretty much the enjoyment of life) comes after you realize there are things you cannot control.

In this game, when you are queing solo, you can’t control your other 5 team members. And even if you try to advise them in the most polite way, you can’t expect they will accept it, after all, you are not their boss, and they probably are tired of being told what to do everyday at their jobs.

So, when I see things are a mess in my team for one reason or another, I ask myself what options do I have? 1) Do I get upset ? 2) Do I just try to do the best I can of the situation and have fun?

If I choose option 1, what do I win? The people on the other end doesn’t care if I’m happy or not, so why would I choose to be unhappy?

I go with option 2 all the time.

1 Like

If you pick a hero that has no value for the team, and you actually play like it with it, you should take one for the team and change.

If you can’t play anything else you should practice more in QP instead of doing ranked (if it’s ranked this is happening).

Maybe you should swap… but if my team has a one trick and I don’t want to play with them again, they have this useful avoid button.

No point ever telling someone what to play. Suggest a comp at the start, but if they don’t want to play along…
Change to help them. You can only control yourself.

It’s because you’re a thrower. You don’t get to be toxic and then wonder why no one wants you in their games.

1 Like

You really have an issue with people enjoying the game don’t your Art3mis??? Not sure how trying to win while having fun with friends is “toxic”

When i’d I say I was throwing? clearly said i was trying to win and trying to improve. I just think enjoying the game is more important.

A well balanced, close match, played with friends is probably the most fun thing in this game. I also don’t cry if I lose. I learn from what I might have done wrong and move on.

But trying to win and trying to improve doesn’t mean you have to sweat so hard you become a sour, toxic player like you seem to be.

It is a video game. I want to compete and enjoy competition.

2 Likes

I think there’s a lot of value in winning your way.
If you have to “succumb” to metas, play characters you don’t like, with a playstyle you find boring … are you really winning?
Perhaps the better question would be, is it worth it?

Winning. But at what cost. 100%

Like selling your soul to play Mei lol.

If you’re doing really badly and clearly not trying to win and you say “omg just have fun guyzzz!” people will go nuts at you. Easier to say “let’s have fun” when you’re winning. There’s a time and a place for everything I guess. Sure, you can have fun both when chilling and tryharding but it really depends on what people you get and you telling others stuff like omg it’s just a game can be perceived as you being immature and throwing.

1 Like

Its more when people start trying to rank shame.

I just don’t really worry about SR. I know if I’m having fun and trying to learn from my mistakes, the more games I play ill slowly climb. Shocking that has got me from bronze to plat.

I know I’m bad, so I’m not going to sweat over SR, it holds little relevance to me. I just enjoy playing the game when I get time to play. I know I’m improving, so that’s what I care about.

1 Like

this is literally just personal preference, I for one, play because I like to win, I hate losing, in fact, I think I take it a little to much to heart, but thats because im invested int the game and wanting to get better at it. of course people buy games to have fun and a laugh. but its all in context, if your playing a offensive bastion in a dive comp because you want to “have fun” then your literally throwing the game and shouldn’t play comp. if you want to that play any of the other modes. but if your trying to win but aren’t getting upset about it then there’s nothing wrong, you just have to appreciate that people take games at different levels of seriousness.

I 100% agree in that example the bastion hasn’t picked well, and the game might be a struggle.

But there is nothing in the system to say peiple can’t play what they like. Even says you can’t report them for it. Just got to avoid and move on.

I like to play semi sensible structured comps as I think the game is just more interesting that way. But if my team goes mad with picks, then fair play to them. Who am I to tell them what to do.

I dont gent get the other side of a problem: why do people tryharding so much in qp?
I’m a widow player, and i like to play a lot of qp for warming up before comp. And 8 times out of 10 i hear something like “widow switch” or “dps you’re useless”. It’s just a quick play! You dont lose sr there! A lot of people plays it just for fun, so why to be such a b***ch, and ruin people’s good mood?

1 Like

I’ve played Hammond in QP lately and people have been telling me to switch, but I am just trying a new hero. Should I do it in ranked instead? That would make no sense.

people who get salty in qp are a breed all in their own. competitive is supposed to be competitive, if you get salty in qp theres something wrong. honestly those people need to sit down and think about what they’re doing. I understand salt in comp. but what do you lose in qp, nothing, absaloutly nothing.

1 Like

You might as well do it in ranked tbf. To many games in qp are a mess, so you don’t really learn anything.

Apart from maybe grapple spots and roll outs.

I’ve had mostly good games really, but I get your point. I’ve had my fair share of stupid games in QP