Why do you remove total mayhem

Every time there is an event Total Mayhem arcade is removed from rotation. Regardless of how many players complain Blizzard just refuses to accommodate. Events have become a irritation as I know Total Mayhem will be gone for a month. Why can’t you just give us the game modes we want. I play Overwatch for total mayhem.

2 Likes

Because…Blizzard.

1 Like

Because the modes you want, many others will hate.

I bet most modes I’d like, you’d probably disagree with.

Haha, I was going to say the same thing. I dread events in overwatch now. Why even have them? They’re just recycled material from previous years. They’ve stopped updating the content.

I dont know why they dont just make these game modes permanent in the arcade. “Too many game modes splits players up” Look at the event. There are 9 different modes for the event. Such a dumb thing to say.

Its just going to be another 4 weeks without overwatch unfortunately. We will see some other game modes get recycled like crazy, but not mayhem. Mayhem has a special spot (shared with no limits) on the bottom left that is being used. Could they move it to another spot during events so we can see it pop up? Sure. Will they? No. Overwatch is dead. Theyre focused on overwatch 2. Find another game to play until it comes back in May.

They may get it back permanently in future.

Blizz please…

WE WANT TOTAL MAYHEM!

2 Likes

TM is the only mode I play. So overwatch is accessible to me 1/2 of the time.

But wait, an event is up. TM comes up 1/4 days at best.

This is so stupid.

1 Like

Is it?? It is a mode with a very low play rate. Why wouldn’t they rotate it out for equally unpopular modes.

1 Like

Idk what the play rate is for total mayhem but I do know most of the people I know that play overwatch mostly play either total mayhem or capture the flag. Me personally I love total mayhem mostly all I will play and seems there have been many discussions asking for more total mayhem or at least a decent rotation of it not let’s not have it for 4 weeks then every other day no wait let’s make it every two days oh f#$% no let’s do 4 days lol idk I find it very entertaining to play total mayhem and I play less and less overwatch because it’s there less and less just my opinion just as yours is yours I know can’t all be catered to but there has to be a reasonable middle ground for all of us. They rotate recycled material which yes they are working on number two so what do we really expect out of blizzard, they aren’t the team from splitgate.

Where can I see the playrate on each mode?

The article they posted can be found using Google (or your preferred search engine).

At the time it was so low for TM, it got bundled with others and still only made 0.9%.

For reference, workshop modes total 3.8%. Role que ranked and quick play account for 66.1% combined.

I’m having trouble finding current statistics. I did find this:

Total Mayhem ranks 2nd. (Edit: I know that doesn’t mean anything other than people voted for it. Doesn’t mean they play it of course.)

Anyway, I don’t play Total Mayhem, but I guess they could easily make it available all the time.

A forum poll doesn’t really suggest anything. It is also very old. 2 years older than the actual play rate data they published.

Only a tiny number of players actually look at the forums, and only a tiny number of them would have even read that thread. (The less than 9000 votes from a player base of millions would suggest it’s not statistically reliable data)

They could, but then they would have to for every low play rate mode, which would be a really stupid idea. TM has a very tiny pool of players, why would you do something to dilute that further.

(By the way, if you search properly, the graph with the data is the first image that comes up)